• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Future

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's good to read all the positive comments and opinions about K4s future. I hope it's not too long before we are in class in YIP.

My contacts in operations said there was the one week slow down after Christmas. But after that it picked right back up. Of course they are shorthanded.

plus Chinese new year

Of the two FO's flying with me, one is a CA, must be busy.....

It would seem that they did plan on running the 2 classes (400 & 200), the 400 is short handed especially with the arrival of the new bird and seems another one is a done deal also. The 200 , although not at the wanted crew numbers have 4 birds in MX (this happens every year in January for C checks etc), plus the slow down from China and post Christmas rush. The 200's slow right down, 400's not so much with their current contract needs.

It was felt that they should hold back on the 200 new hires for now. They were just going to tell the 200 poolies "no class sorry". Connie stepped in and said IF they can't get their old job back due to resigning let them attend class don't leave them in the cold at short notice. The 200 guy's were given the chance to go back to old job or come anyways to class.

Glad to hear Connie did the right thing for some new hires! Refreshing to hear....now if that would have been our old Uncle Del...........

Glad to hear Connie did the right thing for some new hires! Refreshing to hear....now if that would have been our old Uncle Del...........

Well Kalitta is adding planes and Uncle Del is parking 2 planes. No planes means no people. That's the problem.

Well Kalitta is adding planes and Uncle Del is parking 2 planes. No planes means no people. That's the problem.

Zoneload,

Is it only 2 planes being parked? I thought we are only operating 5 classics; plus the 400.

Another question for you.......if you don't mind, does the plot show an increase of business in the next 30 days or just the same.

Zoneload,

Is it only 2 planes being parked? I thought we are only operating 5 classics; plus the 400.

Another question for you.......if you don't mind, does the plot show an increase of business in the next 30 days or just the same.

Two planes parked and not coming back. We are only flying 5 planes give or take and the 400. The other two sit in JFK,IAH or MZJ.

Looks like the flying is the same till the end of Feb. PVG is picking up a little and I have not seen anything for March yet.

Latest resources

Back