• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh...is Netjets the same as FlexJet ?...I dunno' and I don't care.

I was with ATA for 15 years, had 16-18 days off/month, was the #1 F/O in MDW for a few years and a Senior Captain for about 12.

Always held my 1st-3rd choice and was home with my young Son for 16-20 days a month with turns etc.

Never missed a Holiday, Birthday, T-Ball game, etc.

Kalitta would NEVER have worked for me before ( even five years ago ) BUT, for now.....K4 ( Connie ) is the best job I have ever had and I would not even consider applying elsewhere.

I'm an Old Bastard with the Luxury of not giving an "EFF" as I have no upward career aspirations and am just biding time.

However, if I were a younger Man, this would be a pretty damn good place to park it for a bit (If they hire you ) until your Dream Job calls.

Just ask some of our 25-30 year old 747 Captains who have just transitioned to UAL, AA, etc. ( And, who have had to take large Pay Cuts to do so. Yes, you heard that correctly.)

Good Luck to you all, whatever works for you at this time in your Lives.

YKW

Last edited:
With any potential pilot job, do your homework before you apply! It is comical at times to listen to the "complaining" at the hotel breakfast table from guys that came from Part 121 scheduled jobs! This is nothing like that. 121 Supplemental is its own animal. You will be gone 17 days/per month. You may sit most of that time, you may fly your a** off most of that time??? CS works one self-induced crisis at a time! The pay is low! The cargo industry is very competitive and volatile, like a roller-coaster. However, if you like flying big, old jets all over the world, like having 13 to 14 days off/month, and can just realize your out for your scheduled days on and may or may not fly, then look into it. Slowly and ever so slowly the CBA's try and get better, but don't ever count on a FedEx/UPS type of contract. Right now, there seems to be numerous career choices. Do your homework and good luck!

The furloughed Netjet guys at K4 can't wait to go back if that gives you an idea.

some of them may go back to NJA but they have loved their time at Connie and may even defer a bit

some of them may go back to NJA but they have loved their time at Connie and may even defer a bit
as opposed the NJ guys at JUS who will all accept at the first chance

Latest resources

Back