Kalitta Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Different

We have so many different types of flying per airplane and each is different from the next. In the Lears there is freight, passenger, ambulance, DoD Ambulance, contract ambulance and European for all situations in some cases. In the Falcon there is passenger, freight and DoD contracts.

In my opinion there is no way to keep our customers happy and keep our company SOP by putting a new Captain in with no "KFS" experience into these situations, it's not just get in and go, on demand freight flying all the time. It's kind of hard to explain but guys that have been here before know what I am talking about but we have definitely changed for the better over the past few years since KHA in many ways.

I'm definitely not saying we are better than anyone else, we just do things our way and people that come in knowing a different way tend to not want to change and it throws a wrench into things.

We have a 36 we use to cross and it's hit and miss, the average was about every 5-6 weeks, sometimes more sometimes less. That's usually a 3 hour callout. We don't cross as much as say Phoenix does but there are only a couple Euro qualified Captains.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back