• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Kalitta Charters

skier17

Total Time
14 on 7 off schedule. Very good maintenance
FO: $30-35K 1st year
PIC: $55-65ish?? 1st year
Bases in YIP for LR Jet and FA20 and MOR for LR Jet

tathepilot

Total Time
None
Oh, gotcha. He is butters, heard it a few times, but I did not know.

BTW, nice EFB's ya got there..

Dart

Total Time
Plenty
I here they are hiring soon. Do they hire into the left seat or just FO's?? Thanks guys

Gearmonkey

Total Time
I here they are hiring soon. Do they hire into the left seat or just FO's?? Thanks guys

Usually and hopefully just as FO's. The only way it works out in my mind to go straight to the Left seat with us is to have been with us before. It's easier on everyone that way. We're a little different.

Welcome aboard Butters! I don't have to ground you now!

Gearmonkey

Total Time
Different

We have so many different types of flying per airplane and each is different from the next. In the Lears there is freight, passenger, ambulance, DoD Ambulance, contract ambulance and European for all situations in some cases. In the Falcon there is passenger, freight and DoD contracts.

In my opinion there is no way to keep our customers happy and keep our company SOP by putting a new Captain in with no "KFS" experience into these situations, it's not just get in and go, on demand freight flying all the time. It's kind of hard to explain but guys that have been here before know what I am talking about but we have definitely changed for the better over the past few years since KHA in many ways.

I'm definitely not saying we are better than anyone else, we just do things our way and people that come in knowing a different way tend to not want to change and it throws a wrench into things.

Gearmonkey

Total Time
We have a 36 we use to cross and it's hit and miss, the average was about every 5-6 weeks, sometimes more sometimes less. That's usually a 3 hour callout. We don't cross as much as say Phoenix does but there are only a couple Euro qualified Captains.

Last edited:

Pickle

grumpy puppy
Total Time
no mas
Digger, digger, digger......

Stick with the side job! Or is A sick of you already??