Kalitta Charters Moving?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Friedaloo

Anyone hear that Kalitta charters is moving to Oscoda for good? My Roommate interviewed there and said that they hinted about that.

I think I heard something about them possibly getting out of their hangars at YIP. I guess the lease is up or something. Would they be using the crew quarters at OSC?

I believe they are planning on using the crew quarters so they can have "hot standby". I would like to fly for them, but would be hesitant to sleep in a bunkbed in a room full of smelly, male freighters...

Wow

So what will happen to all of the pilots that have been there for a long time. Will they have to move? Will they be required to live in the barracks on hot standby? Will the company pay for moving expenses? What is the purpose for doing this?

Batfish

Kalitta Air...not Kalitta Charters

It might be kalitta air thats moving....or maybe kalitta charters II. Been no word of Charters (kittylitter) moving.

Osc

I think that the old barracks on either the north side or the east side of the field will be available for living. I also heard that a deal was in the works with Alpena customs for outbound and inbound customs out of there for Kalitta Charters and Kalitta Air. That was the only thing holding the deal up. It makes sense since it is so cheap to live up there plus all the hangers that are already up there.

I heard the same thing about the barracks. They are going to set up some kind of cafateria for a meal plan too. So that the pilots can just have room and board deducted from their pay pre tax. With the new living arrangements I think they are lowering the call out to 10min

10 min

That must be why some of the dispatchers are giving 30-35 minute callouts, just to get everyone used to the 10 minute one. Seeing as how it used to be a SAC base, getting out in less than 15 should be no problem. I also think rwy 6 is getting an ILS.

Locker room woes...

The 10 minute callout shouldn't be a problem since they are providing a locker room for showering and dressing and whatnot. But as a Female, I'm wondering if there will be a separate place for Women to get ready. Something to think about if I get hired for the September class. Also, since the crew rooms are going to be doubles and triples, I'm wondering what would happen with the roommate situation for me...
Other than these concerns the job sounds pretty sweet.

Latest resources

Back