• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta Air or Jet Blue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have a small Penis. I have a small watch. But, if I hold one next to the other I have:

" ONE COCK-ROCKING TIMEPIECE"

My airline's better than yours. You Suck. My airplane is really big, and your CEO wears combat boots.

Whatever.

Airline #3 for me....I'm an Old Fat Bastard and, as far as I'm concerned,Connie rocks.

I've been a domestic freight bitch, a "Major" airline (pax) Captain, and now a Connie " Right-Seat-Pitot-Heat Whale Driver ".

So far....I'll take this gig over all the rest.

And I won't even tell you why.....it would encompass too many big words that y'all might not understand.

Love Ya' Bitches,

YKMKR

Last edited:
Seems like it would be an easy decision because they are two completely different type of operations. You either like one or the other. I would probably non-rev a couple of long haul flights to see if that's actually something your willing to do for a career.

Yeah he's definitely not Connie but he brings alot of experience to the table. I highly doubt Connie has time to run K2 for Doug. I think you guys are really under estimating Doug's capabilities. He started at the bottom flying beeches and Lears, working his way up to DC-8 Captain. Since then he has been running his own companies sucsessfuly for the last decade. He has used capital from Connie to get started but the companies have been pretty self sufficient since. Currently owns and operates Kalitta Charters, Kalitta Charters II, Fly a Charter, and DK Turbines.
He definitely has the experience for day to day operations, and he knows how to find cheap airplanes and run a business on tight margins. With a good sales team to help him get new contracts, K4 would continue on as usual. The real question is what would happen to K1 and K2 if Doug takes over K4?

Absolutely true! Nice post.

Hey Whine do you happen to reside in the "Sunnyside" of the state of Warshington (for those who don't live there)

average 52 block over the last 12 months with 3 months of that in training (ie not flying) I have averaged 88 hrs of credit in the same period of time. 348 credit over the last three months.

I have averaged 88 hrs of credit in the same period of time. 348 credit over the last three months.

For anyone considering K4, I would say these are definitely not typical #'s. I've been here 4 years and never been even remotely close to 348 hrs of credit in 3 months time, more like half that. Plan on our guarantee of 62 hrs a month and everything over that is gravy. I've never stayed out more than 17 days and last month was my best month ever w/ 85 hrs. (I'm on the classic). You can make better money here if you stay out obviously because anything outside of 17 days pays 150%. Our contract states they have to have us in the lower 48 @ 1900Z on your last day and at your home airport by 2359Z, I always hold them to this and have never once not made it to my home airport by 2359Z on my 17th day or work.

As for the original question, you could not choose more polar opposites of companies to go to. If you live in NY, you'll have a great QOL at JB, but probably have an even better QOL at K4, seeing most our flying originates out of EWR and JFK. As for the money, my friends at JB that are captains make more and work less than similar seniority capt's at connie. If you wanna make coin here you have to work for it.

Latest resources

Back