Kalitta Air Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Nosewheel:

Whats the story on hiring over there? Any interviews or classes going on? Nothing on the website except some company propoganda on the negotiations and strike vote....

Showtime....

Kalitta Air has scheduled this year 5 new hire classes with 12 FO's per class.

Search this Forum for all the information you need.

Showtime said:
Whats the story on hiring over there? Any interviews or classes going on? Nothing on the website except some company propoganda on the negotiations and strike vote....
Like CWI said, we are hiring. A class just stared in the beginning of Janurary. Ignore the website - I think it hasn't mentioned hiring for the last two years, and Kalitta Air has hired lots of pilots.

iaflyer

nosewheel said:
If you like to be treated like $hit its a good place to work. If you like to risk your life, a good place to work. If you like to work with No schedule and not see your home very often, a good place to work. Every day is like a sim ride so you do stay sharp. Only 27 engine failure's last year ( only one fell off an aircraft) with a fleet of 12 aircraft. Not bad. Do you like the middle east ? a good place to work. Maintenance ?????? Whats that??? Need I say more?:p

I love it!

Dart,
Are you on line yet?

As CWI said 12 FO's a month. The reason for that is because they are dropping like fly's due to abuse, recall's, lack of experience and other reasons. Good Luck to all you newbies and let us know how you feel in six months.:)

nosewheel said:
As CWI said 12 FO's a month. The reason for that is because they are dropping like fly's due to abuse, recall's, lack of experience and other reasons. Good Luck to all you newbies and let us know how you feel in six months.:)

Is Hagquist still the D.O.??????

Chief Pilot

Can anyone tell me how much Per Diem rates are, and if its enough to live on at the foreign layovers? Does the company stock the galley with enough decent food for the longer flights? What cellphone company/plan do most pilots use for worldwide coverage? How are the international hotels? I know that there are some people that are happy and unhappy at kalitta, but I would like to hear as much as I can before making my educated decision. Thanks!

Per Diem rates internationally are $2.05, $1.50 domestically. It is a rare day where I spend all my per diem - but most of us aren't eating at 4 star restraunts too. You'll have extra money at the end of the month..

As for food on the airplanes - you will not go hungry. There is plenty of food inflight. They cater the airplane well, as well as provide bottled water, sodas, ice, fruit juice, coffee/tea supplies and milk. When you're flying long legs, the need for the catering will become apparent.

As for hotels, the international hotels are nice. Here is the hotel I'm at in Hong Kong. The domestic hotels aren't the same caliber, but they aren't motel sixes either.

As for cell phones, I use T-Mobile, but using your cellphone overseas gets expensive. Many people just don't use their cell overseas. If you want to, a GSM phone is the only way to go - you can change out the sim chip and get cheaper rates overseas.

iaflyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back