Kalitta Air Information

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Xfr8dog said:
yeah but with per diem and overtime a 1st year FO should make about 45-50K. So says my friend whos in his first year there....
Yeah well overtime is a touchy subject over here right now. I would be careful about which side of the fence you wan't to be on. We can't get a new contract singed and forced overtime is one of the big topics for many of the crews. All the flying goes to the guys who will work on there days off while a guy like me who has kids at home gets gaurentee because I want to go home on my days off. And forget about flying your line. They take you off it and then try to make sure you are in Hong Kong the day before you are supposed to go home. Make sure you hassel them about how they are planning to get you home three days before you off days and be strong. Don't let them intimadate you with being on probation either. Study the contract and try to make them follow it. Otherwise they will totaly railroad you. I don't care if guys want to work on there days off but the rest of us should not be punished for not wanting to. There is no unity here among the pilots and that really sucks!

Last edited:
Like Xfr8dog said, with a little luck you vsn make 40-45K the first year. When we had the 50% override it was a lot easier. Shoot, you make 9K in per diem a year. I spend far less than that and remember most of it is not taxed. Add in a few months of good flying per year (and I mean without selling any days back) you can make that 40-45K.

I agree with everything that leardriver says: we cannot get a contract without forcing the company's hand. I just don't understand those who work on their days off - if we all followed our contract and only worked our 17 days, we could get our pay raise and make more money, without having to work extra.

iaflyer

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back