Kalitta A300 ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerflyer

One of the enthusiast magazines is showing 3 A300B4s as being acquired by Kalitta Turbine Leasing, LLC. Anyone with info ? Just a buy and resale deal ? One of the certificates actually going to operate them ? Different Kalitta ? Not sure they'd be bought for parts.

Possibly use them for the middle east deliveries into Afghanistan, Iraq and other vacation destinations.
The -100 series B4's were JT-9 Pratt powered, and the classic 747's are pratt powered. same engines.

This has got to be a financial deal for Connie. I have not heard anything about operating Airbus aircraft. I can't see Connie adding another fleet type.

Connie owns many more aircraft than what his crews fly. He is first a business man and second a airline(s) owner.

Might have just bought them for the engines, then part the rest out and resell it.

Evergreen recently bought 40 DC-9's.... but don't kid yourself... none of them will ever fly.

That might be for the water parks Del plans on building. I guess a water slide would work with the DC-9. He has a water park made out of a B747-100.

Might have just bought them for the engines, then part the rest out and resell it.

Didn't he get something like 120 good JT9D's from the NW deal? The A300's aren't in OSC so maybe it's just a brokering deal or something for him.

Latest resources

Back