• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Kalitta -400

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wait, for a neo-phyte looking for a job....

APC.com has one pay scale for the B747.

Are you saying that your contract specifies the -200's and -400's as separate fleets? Flying doesn't require going back and forth between fleets?

Are you also saying that when you upgrade to CA that you go back to "year 1?"

Hal, World announced hiring for the rest of the year. Preference to former ATA pilots. PM me if interested, we flew together in another life.

Wait, for a neo-phyte looking for a job....

APC.com has one pay scale for the B747.

Are you saying that your contract specifies the -200's and -400's as separate fleets? Flying doesn't require going back and forth between fleets?

Are you also saying that when you upgrade to CA that you go back to "year 1?"
Same payscale for both fleets. You fly either the classic or the 400. Seperate type ratings required.
You do not go back to year one when you upgrade, but I think the most junior captain on the 400 is somewhere around the 8 year mark. Until recently, the company did not have approval to do upgrade training on the 400, only transition training. Until the 400 upgrade program is up and running (which will probably be driven by need) the only available route to the left seat is through the classic.

You will get 13-14 days off every month. Pay...? expect guarantee and be delighted when you get a 130 hour pay month like I did this past March. There is no rhyme or reason to when you will make more.

The only exception to this is in December when they know they have a ton of flying and they actually publish lines you can bid on that are over our 62 hour guarantee. In December I bid and was awarded an 81 hour line. I was taken off it almost immediately and ended up with 120 pay hours.

Again: expect only 62.

You will get 13-14 days off every month. Pay...? expect guarantee and be delighted when you get a 130 hour pay month like I did this past March. There is no rhyme or reason to when you will make more.

The only exception to this is in December when they know they have a ton of flying and they actually publish lines you can bid on that are over our 62 hour guarantee. In December I bid and was awarded an 81 hour line. I was taken off it almost immediately and ended up with 120 pay hours.

Again: expect only 62.

That is the ACMI/on-demand Freight business! At some airlines you would probably get furloghed in March instead of 130 hours. But if you do your homework before you apply and except the job you know what to expect.

How is the flying expected to differ between the 200 and 400? Obviously there is a range difference. Are we talking just the same type of flying without as many fuel stops are new, longer routes? Will the 400s be linked to specific contracts or will they also be flying ad hoc charters to anywheresville?

How is the flying expected to differ between the 200 and 400? Obviously there is a range difference. Are we talking just the same type of flying without as many fuel stops are new, longer routes? Will the 400s be linked to specific contracts or will they also be flying ad hoc charters to anywheresville?
Based on what I have heard, yes to all of the above. Some contracts might require the range the 400 has. My guess is that they will fly the 400 as much as they can, in order to make it pay for itself, and the classics will get the left overs.

Based on what I have heard, yes to all of the above. Some contracts might require the range the 400 has. My guess is that they will fly the 400 as much as they can, in order to make it pay for itself, and the classics will get the left overs.

Actually, the classics will pay for the -400's. They are bought and paid for and they make Connie millions everytime they fly. A couple might get parked initially for a while to get the -400's up and running and the crews qual'd.

Actually, the classics will pay for the -400's. They are bought and paid for and they make Connie millions everytime they fly. A couple might get parked initially for a while to get the -400's up and running and the crews qual'd.

This has probably already been answered, but how many 400s are expected in 2008 and beyond?

This has probably already been answered, but how many 400s are expected in 2008 and beyond?

Two in 08. Maybe up to 5 in 09 with options for more + SIM after that. He (Connie) has first dibs on the JAL birds that are for sale.

Latest resources

Back