Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptBuzzard

I'm back!
While I am enjoying the leather jacket responses, how about everyone's opinions on the Justin pilot boots.

This should be good.

I like them much more than dress shoes, especially when there is some snow or it is raining. Then seem to last longer and are easier to take care of. I have had mine for many years.

We can all be like the PCL guy in MEM and wear pointy-toe cowboy boots with silver toe tips!:D

I have owned a pair of Justin Ropers for 10 years now and have only worn them to fly a few times.

Very comfortable boots. Not bad to take care of. I've had them resoled twice. I just don't like the look of wearing them with uniform slacks. They look better with Jeans or maybe those cowboy Wrangler slacks (which aren't company issue).

Love the boots, just not for flying.

I might try them again though I don't know.

It just so happens that I was raised a real cowboy, about 40 miles east of Amarillo, TX. I like ropers, but I wear black, plain toe shoes with my uniform.

Does anyone know the definition of uniform?

Justins have steel shanks too, pain in the heinder for the illustrious TSA security points.
Although their website says something about a new non-metallic shank in some new boots, dunno if they'll carry over into their regular line.
I just got a pair of DocMarten's, no steel shank. Find out tomorrow if I can get through the friggin' magnetometer without beeping for once.

:D
Ariat ropers, take a spit shine, and best of all a carbon fiber shank, no nail sole. BYE-BYE TSA goobers.
OLA
PBR

I'm a real (South Texas) cowboy, too and second the vote for Ariat.

Ariat Heritage Ropers.

1) Comfortable and lined (warm in winter).

2) No metal shanks in boots made after late-2002. Wear them without fear, thet are metal-free!

3) Easy to polish.

4) Durable (they're made for ropin' and ridin' folks! Even glycol doesn't phase 'em!). Mine lasted over two years of constant use at work and home. (I wanted new shanks and linings, but the exterior was unphased even with Glycol all over!) Ariat rebuilt them to new condition for only $40!

Best $99 I ever spent was to get these.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back