• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just in time for summer. No packs allowed w/huffer @ ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why are you guys so up in arms about this- the ground equipment isn't maintained properly anyway and it's liable to run out of gas a quit on you while your hooked up to it.

I've personally watched three rampers mess around with a GPU after it had died trying to restart it and I can see the gas guage at "E" from inside the cockpit. You just have to shake your head at the stupidity......Doesn't reason tell people that it won't run without gas and that someone ought to check the equipment in the mornings to ensure it is ready to go for line operations that day???

Why after 10 years of operating an aircraft do they just figure this out?

This was always a problem on the CRJ when the huffer was hooked up and idling. But guys that didn't know better would try to run the packs since they saw it hooked up. All they had to do was tell the rampers to run it on High and they will supply the packs fine.

Big deal. We had this memo 4 years ago because some numbnuts smoked up a cabin the same way. It lasted two months before ASA realized that none of the APUs or LP air carts worked, and too many pilots were refusing airplanes. Then the memo changed to only run the packs with the huffer on high. Duh...

Just refuse the airplane if it's too hot and be done with it.

Just refuse the airplane if it's too hot and be done with it.
Too bad 99% of the pilots are to big a pu$$y to refuse an airplane. Then the ones that aren't will be called out for refusing an airplane.
Kind of like this whole contract negotiations stuff......We work together we get things accomplished, and at a faster pace. As we have seen for almost 5 yrs ASA pilots are a bunch of whinny pansies that don't have the fortitude to take a little short term pain for long term gain!
End of rant

If I remember correctly - The reason we (MDA and Rep) couldn't/can't use the packs with the huffer was that the air isn't filtered (from the huffer) and would supply the packs with dirty, slightly oil tainted air - thus that dirty air get into the cabin - not good.

If the APU is deferred, we have to hand out cold soaked towels at the gate if the oputside air temp is above a certain temp. This is in the FOM. No kidding. It was not that way until the CEO was sitting in the back and sweating his balls off!

I have to say that it is nice that my new airline does not run that way. We will have ground power and air all day long.....
There are certain things that I will not miss. This is one of them.

I have to say that it is nice that my new airline does not run that way. We will have ground power and air all day long.....
There are certain things that I will not miss. This is one of them.
Oh your so cool, and its not your job until you've passed training, but yes I wouldn't miss that either.

Latest resources

Back