Just curious...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Russ

Over the top of DMA a few days ago. Saw among the masses a number of C5's parked. No where near the active portion of the base so I believe them to be in the boneyard. For what reason(s) are they parking them?

The first C-5 arrived and broke. The next one brought in parts and MX folks, but it broke too. Then the 3rd one showed up with jacks, but it's broken too. And so on, .....

Huggyu2 said:
The first C-5 arrived and broke. The next one brought in parts and MX folks, but it broke too. Then the 3rd one showed up with jacks, but it's broken too. And so on, .....

That's a typical C-5 mission. There are C-5's in the boneyard though.

With all due respect to my friends in the C-5 community...

Q: What does it mean when you land at a base, and there are three C-5's on the ramp, and two of them are on jacks?

A: They only had two sets of jacks.

I was always amazed at the amount of C-5's that would break in Kuwait City around the 28th/29th of the month and then by some miracle get fixed on the 1st.

Strange.

CLAMBAKE

pkober said:
I was always amazed at the amount of C-5's that would break in Kuwait City around the 28th/29th of the month and then by some miracle get fixed on the 1st.

Strange.

CLAMBAKE

What about the planes that are there for a quick turn on the 30th/31st and leave on the 1st....they don't break that often do they?

There are some turns. But there are also A3 aircraft that get "fixed" on the 1st.

There's nothing wrong with finding the be$t per diem.

Latest resources

Back