• Start date
  • Watchers 8

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually if he was a Shuttle 3 years ago, now he would be a (senior) FO on the 170. Current captains are all from Chautauqua.

So you went to court and were ordered to pay the 4K? I have not heard of the company taking it that far before. Very interesting, as I know that we have a ton of FO's who have alot of time at other regionals and would potentially love to leave for other companies in less than 2 years, but having to pay that back would really suck!

I always kind of figured that the training contract was sort of an idle threat just designed to keep people from leaving too often.

wmudriver said:
Mesaba threatened to stick us with the cost of the training contract if we left before the year was up EVEN THOUGH WE WERE BEING FURLOUGHED. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

That's rediculous and I'm sorry to hear that they think they can furlough you and put a hand out for money.

flynfarr said:
I always kind of figured that the training contract was sort of an idle threat just designed to keep people from leaving too often.

Evidently, aviation isn't the only place where employer's are enforcing "training contracts".

http://www.laborlawtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-7641.html

Hello all,

I am in deep trouble. My previous employer in IL has filed a lawsuit against me for breaching the contract and i need to appear in the court in a weeks time.

I went to company A to get trained on january 1st week and i signed a training contract by paying them 750$ for the training they provided me with food and accomodation during my period of stay, and to mention a point here the i stayed with atleast 8 people in one apartment , worst experience in my life.

I left the company in march 2nd week around, since they could not market me and never gave me a single client call in a period of 1 month, due to my financial situations i had to go for a different company and i am working with this company B.

Two months approx. later company A's attorney sent me an email saying that i did not work for the company for one year and asking me to settle it outside the court or else they will file a lawsuit and for which i never responded it back.

Also the employer lied saying that i actually had 3 client calls - interview calls in that period of one month but the fact is that i did not receive even a single client call.

I never liked the way they were treating its a big pain.

I do not know what to do now, what will happen in the court, and what are the consequences that i need to face .

Please find the contract below and kindly help me out.

Thanks.
pxa

Training contract

INTENTION: The Company is in the process of building an SAP practice and other Software. In order to do this the company is to offer training in the respective software to the consultant at no cost to the consultant except for a refundable security deposit of $2000.00 based on the mentioned guidelines. The consultant I is paying the security deposit in good faith that the company is offering this free training as an intensive and to develop their practice and has no intention of not paying back the consultant within the time frame defined in section III

I Company Responsibilities:

1. Offer Intensive training in xxxxxxxxxx for a duration of four weeks by the company.
2. Computer access with software installed and security to the building.
3. After the due completion of training, the recruiting department of the company will market the consultant to place in a project in any part of the United States.

II Consultant responsibilities:

1. Consultant is expected top work with the company after the placement for a minimum of one year. If there are any expenses incurred during the process of placement, the consultant should work with the company till the company recovers these expenses. The starting salary would be $48,000.00

2. Consultant is to attend training at the company’s facilities regularly with out missing any training sessions.

3. Consultant has to take care of his/her accommodation and transportation to attend the training. If the company provided guest house, it is the responsibilities of all the consultants to maintain the guest house cleanly. Any charges incurred to maintain the guest house due to the lack of proper maintenance would be borne by the consultants. If the consultant stays in the company’s guest house and doesn’t abide by the terms and conditions of the company or leaves the company without working for 3 months he/she has to pay $2000.00 to the company.

4. Security deposit of $2000.00 is due full on the first day of the training.

III. Repayment guidelines

1. Recruitment department of the company is responsible for placing the consultant. If the company fails to arrange minimum three interviews to the consultant in three months the company promises to repay the security deposit in full to the consultant provided the consultant comes regularly to the company and attend interviews.

2. 2. If the c company places the consultant on a project, the security deposit is paid back in three installments. The installment date at the end of the third month after placement. Once paid the deposit is not refundable under any circumstances unless you work for the zzzzzzzz for 3 months.

3. The company will not repay the security deposit if the consultant decided to discontinue the training or fail to attend the interviews arranged by the company.

4. The company agrees to pay back the consultant the security deposit of $2000.00 in full if the company decides to discontinue the training any time during the training period

5. The company is not liable to pay the initial deposit if the consultant gets the placement through other organizations during the training period or during the first three months after the training period.

Both the company and consultant sign this agreement and they agree to the repayment guidelines and responsibilities mentioned above. If the company violates the repayment guidelines, this agreement can be published in the court of law at any of the district courts in the US

(Security deposit of $ 750 is paid on xx-xx-xxxx) Another ------------ is due on --------.
itsmepxa
06-28-2005, 07:21 PM

Hello everyone,
Thanks for the reply Lconnel. I got the case papers and the company where i got trained is suing me $25,000 for breaching the TRAINING CONTRACT. I have couple of questions, Kindly help me out.

1. Can a company take money in CASH for training?
2. Can a company provide training by taking money and without offering an employment before the training?
3. Can a company force me to work for one year after the training?
4. They say that if i had worked for one year they would have enjoyed $25,000 as profit, and since i left the company they lost that profit, and demanding it from me - IS THIS VALID?
5. I was not in the companys payroll and they were not paying any money during the training period, can a company enforce contract rules , when i was never even an employee of the company?
6. The contract says that i need to work for the company for 1 yr AFTER THE PLACEMENT ie after they find me a job, but i left the company even before they took efforts to get me a job, i did this because i could not not wait for more time trusting they would get me a job.

Kindly help me by answer to these questions.
Thanks
c:\pxa

GuppyPuppy said:
Have you seen the rates at Allegiant?

GP

I'm not going to offer a massive defense other than, 1st year $41.00 at 70hrs guarantee.. After 5 months I'm holding 15 hard days off and a line. I'm home virtually every night as we do mostly turns. Lines are usually 80 plus hours, paid block or better, a good PTO arrangement, Possible IPO in the near future, and to top it off I just may upgrade in a year...

BankAccount=0$ said:
Didn't he say he went to Mesa to be a Dash Captain. I'm guessing that the PIC time sooner rather than later would more than make up for the lack of supposed bragging rights that go along with flying a 70 seat jet for next to nothing.

While us regional types continue to erode the flying that belongs to mainline with our beloved 70-90 seat jets, Otto has made the jump up to mainline equipment at Allegiant. Even if Allegiant doesn't make it in the future, Otto has still advanced his career further than any regional airline pilot flying a 70-90 seat aircraft has. If regional airlines are going to fly 70+ seat aircraft then they best do it for a lot more money than what is currently being offered. Remember that every shiny new 70-90 seater that gets put on line parks a portion of a 737, dc-9, Md-80, A-319/320 forever in the desert.

Apparently you have not looked to see what allegiant pays there pilots.

jehtplane said:
Apparently you have not looked to see what allegiant pays there pilots.

Apparently you think that hourly pay rates equal quality of life. You can work your ass off for crap pay, or you can have 18 days off a month for that same crap pay.

Let's do a little math..

Allegiant Crap Pay

+

16-18 days off each month

+

7 hour+ productive day trips

+

Home EVERY night

+

NEVER EXTENDED

= One hell of a good job!!!!!

Well..that does it. I'm going back and suing my former employer in small claims court for breach of contract. Pisss on him.

W

Otto Coarsen said:
I'm not going to offer a massive defense other than, 1st year $41.00 at 70hrs guarantee.. After 5 months I'm holding 15 hard days off and a line. I'm home virtually every night as we do mostly turns. Lines are usually 80 plus hours, paid block or better, a good PTO arrangement, Possible IPO in the near future, and to top it off I just may upgrade in a year...

Hey, if I lived in Vegas or Orlando, I'd love to have that job (as a captain). You can't beat being home most every night.

All I was saying was that the guy I responded to (BankAccount=0$) tells us that the regional airlines should start paying more for the 70+seat jets. He also said that you have advanced your career farther than ANY regional pilot currently flying a 70-90 seat aircraft.

Looking at the payrates for Allegiant and Horizon I find that a senior CR7 pilot makes $121/hr. A senior DH4 captain makes $111/hr. A senior captain at Allegiant makes $105/hr, plus his per diem is taxable. Allegiant matches up to 3% on the 401k, while Horizon will match up to 10%. Personally, the only reason I'd rather be a senior captain at Allegiant vs. Horizon is that I'd be home most nights (if I actually lived in Vegas or Orlando).

Each of us makes decisions based on what we think is best for us. If you are happy at Allegiant, more power to you.

GP

chperplt said:
Apparently you think that hourly pay rates equal quality of life. You can work your ass off for crap pay, or you can have 18 days off a month for that same crap pay.

Let's do a little math..

Allegiant Crap Pay

+

16-18 days off each month

+

7 hour+ productive day trips

+

Home EVERY night

+

NEVER EXTENDED

= One hell of a good job!!!!!

Sure beats Colgan, doesn't it?

GP

GuppyPuppy said:
Each of us makes decisions based on what we think is best for us. If you are happy at Allegiant, more power to you.

GP

I got your drift... I just wanted to post my opinion on why I came here... Here on the regional board, often it seems that people's souls are judged on their hourly payrate. Allegiant is a pretty good place to work for many reasons. At this point, with the exception of possibly southwest, there isn't a single carrier I'd bail out of here to go to.. (maybe back to Cape Air someday)..

For many of the aformentioned reasons, this place suits me very well.. I'm the type of guy where being home every night is very important. I wouldn't do the long haul freight dog thing for 250K a year... But that's just me..

Having worked at 2 regionals (albeit $hitty ones), working for a carrier with it's own identity is a pretty cool thing.. Especially at this early stage in the company's existance. Will this place be the next big thing? Heck no! That's the beauty of this carrier.. We have little competition and continue to be profitable... Eventually, pay rates will go up, plane's will come on property, people will be hired, and the picture will change in some way.. I feel privelaged to be here to be a part of it.

Some folks here (especially mid-seniority captains) think of this place as a stepping stone. I, as well as many others, do not...

Latest resources

Back