Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O

Otto Coarsen

The "settled" amount of $4,000 to Shuttle America for breaking my training contract almost 3 years ago. Damn 12,000 Judgement. Left in '03 to take that captain job at Mesa, which I left last november for Allegiant..

Of the 12 or so that were in my new hire class there, I think 8 left early and I was the only one spanked with the judgement. Oh well....

Sucks though... I could have better spent that 4K... Least I can buy a house now....

:mad:

April Fools joke?

I hope?

Otto Coarsen said:
The "settled" amount of $4,000 to Shuttle America for breaking my training contract almost 3 years ago. dang 12,000 Judgement. Left in '03 to take that captain job at Mesa, which I left last november for Allegiant..

Of the 12 or so that were in my new hire class there, I think 8 left early and I was the only one spanked with the judgement. Oh well....

Sucks though... I could have better spent that 4K... Least I can buy a house now....

:mad:

Mesaba threatened to stick us with the cost of the training contract if we left before the year was up EVEN THOUGH WE WERE BEING FURLOUGHED. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Hawker dude said:
so you could have been a 170 Captain right now? instead you went to MESA? hello.

Didn't he say he went to Mesa to be a Dash Captain. I'm guessing that the PIC time sooner rather than later would more than make up for the lack of supposed bragging rights that go along with flying a 70 seat jet for next to nothing.

While us regional types continue to erode the flying that belongs to mainline with our beloved 70-90 seat jets, Otto has made the jump up to mainline equipment at Allegiant. Even if Allegiant doesn't make it in the future, Otto has still advanced his career further than any regional airline pilot flying a 70-90 seat aircraft has. If regional airlines are going to fly 70+ seat aircraft then they best do it for a lot more money than what is currently being offered. Remember that every shiny new 70-90 seater that gets put on line parks a portion of a 737, dc-9, Md-80, A-319/320 forever in the desert.

wmudriver said:
Mesaba threatened to stick us with the cost of the training contract if we left before the year was up EVEN THOUGH WE WERE BEING FURLOUGHED. Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

You get laid off and they STILL expect you to pay? THey can't hold up their end of the contract and they still expect cash? And you're not telling them to piss off? Don't tell me that holds up in court.

BankAccount=0$ said:
If regional airlines are going to fly 70+ seat aircraft then they best do it for a lot more money than what is currently being offered.

Have you seen the rates at Allegiant?

GP

QXpeon said:
You get laid off and they STILL expect you to pay? THey can't hold up their end of the contract and they still expect cash? And you're not telling them to piss off? Don't tell me that holds up in court.

They wanted us to pay if we left before our year was up even though we were getting furloughed before our one year anniversery. They wanted us to stick around to the last day. It wouldn't have held up in court...they can't even hold up their end of the deal and give us employement for 1 year..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back