Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Just a note of caution for SWA interviewees.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He was never offered a job. He was offered to continue. Then he was offered out of the process. In of story. You are not hired until you are sitting in class with an employee number. Can he produce a number? If not sorry but sheet happens

I have a friend with a similar Plato story...about the same time. Don't know what happened, but both you guys ended up better off--but I'm sure it stung at the time.

Southwest Airlines is just like all of the other scum bag airlines out there. I checked the box, instructing SWA not to contact my present employer. They allowed US Investigations to contact my then present employer and I was fired, end of story. No one, and I mean no one gave a crap, and I received no apologies. The devils at SWA will forever live in Hell in my heart. Mistakes hurt not only people, but families. Think about that the next time you are in a hurry, AND dealing with strangers. What you do affects people in ways you are not aware of.....THINK PEOPLE!

The devils at SWA will forever live in Hell in my heart.
Ouch... harsh...

I've always wondered about that. If Southwest gets through all your background people WITHOUT contacting your current employer, will they make a hire / not-hire decision without EVER talking to them?

Sorry about your luck, I've flown for charter groups that work like that. Those At-Will work states can be a b*tch... :(

Too bad there are companies that don't help their employees move to better positions. We ask our pilots to us know when they are interviewing especially places like SWA so if we get the call we can give them a good recommendation. We know there are better jobs out there, and see no reason a pilot should not try to better themselves. I think it is a feather in our cap that our pilots move on to FedEx, UPS, SWA, DAL, etc. it means we picked some good ones.

Too bad there are companies that don't help their employees move to better positions. We ask our pilots to us know when they are interviewing especially places like SWA so if we get the call we can give them a good recommendation. We know there are better jobs out there, and see no reason a pilot should not try to better themselves. I think it is a feather in our cap that our pilots move on to FedEx, UPS, SWA, DAL, etc. it means we picked some good ones.
Well said, I am fortunate that AMF is also in the same camp as regarding the betterment of their pilots to greener pastures.

Latest resources

Back