• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Junior Man'd?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Working for ASA is not that bad. Yes I do agree that we have problems with crew scheduling but its something that we hope we can correct in our next contract. I am glad that we dont have "ready" reserve. Yes it sucks now that there is no movement but at least we have jobs and are getting paid. I am greatful to be at ASA!!!! I am sure every airline has its flaws and it will never be flawless either. Hopefully our new contract will settle things with Crew Scheduling and any other issues out there.

CRJDRYVER

Working for ASA is not that bad. Yes I do agree that we have problems with crew scheduling but its something that we hope we can correct in our next contract. I am glad that we dont have "ready" reserve. Yes it sucks now that there is no movement but at least we have jobs and are getting paid. I am greatful to be at ASA!!!! I am sure every airline has its flaws and it will never be flawless either. Hopefully our new contract will settle things with Crew Scheduling and any other issues out there.

CRJDRYVER:D

Don't misunderstand me, I am very happy to be at ASA. Other than crew scheduling, it is a great place to work. The quality of life is not that bad, and I to hope to make some changes in the next contract that does not allow them to give me a four day trip worth 10.5 hours! (just got my April schedule!!!)

Wouldn't you know by doing that they put me right at 74.15 hours for the month. I have 3 other 4 day trips worth 20 + hours, but the last just takes me under the 75 hour mark. Oh well, I am happy to be working and waiting patiently for the next contract.:D

everyone talks as though crew scheduling is so terrible and granted some of the people i've talked to are pretty...grumpy...
however, has anyone thought that maybe they're just the messengers and it's really upper management who are making all the choices?!? i've talked to "screw" schedulers who were miserable about some of the situations they were put in. everyone wants them to change but i've yet to hear an actual change that doesn't have to do w/ upper management that the crew schedulers can actual try to accomodate.

Fly26 has it right...lakes is the only place that relies on junior manning to fill the open time each month...I have had several 12 day of schedules in the last six month and always down to 10.....as for lakes ......STAY AWAY STAY FAR FAR AWAY...

udontwannaknow said:
everyone talks as though crew scheduling is so terrible and granted some of the people i've talked to are pretty...grumpy...
however, has anyone thought that maybe they're just the messengers and it's really upper management who are making all the choices?!? i've talked to "screw" schedulers who were miserable about some of the situations they were put in. everyone wants them to change but i've yet to hear an actual change that doesn't have to do w/ upper management that the crew schedulers can actual try to accomodate.

So here we have someone who just registered this month who's decided to resurrect a 3 year old thread just to defend crew scheduling.

Hmmmm.....

Last edited:
udontwannaknow,

I have to agree with shamrock.

It sure smells fishy?

701EV

Latest resources

Back