Jumpseats???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mlie High:

At America West U.S. certificated pilots employed by a domestic Part 135 carrier CAN now jumpseat (seat must be available in the cabin). We do however have a list of approved carriers (published by the union) and some captains will not let you ride unless your airline is listed. Let me know who you work for and I will check the list.

enigma

Yours is the most logical reason I have seen for the continuing screening of those persons who probably pose the least threat - aside from those 70 year old whose most threatening aspect is a tongue-lashing.

Of course, since it is logical and reasonable - I find it very difficult to believe that any airline actually does it on purpose for that reason.

Mile High:

I didn't see your airline on the AWA jumpseat list. Most of our captains will probably let you ride but some may not. Good luck.

Tri-holer said:
enigma

Of course, since it is logical and reasonable - I find it very difficult to believe that any airline actually does it on purpose for that reason.

Good point. Thanks for the laugh.

8N

I had a broken light bulb yesterday, and our FOM allows us as pilots to replace those as long as we write it up and sign it off ourselves. However, I couldn't get the cover off without the Leatherman I used to have. So the writeup went like this:

"Left Nav source light burned out. I would have fixed it myself, but if I had my Leatherman I might get control of the aircraft."

i HATE riding southwest. they screen me everytime! i NEVER get screened when riding any other airline, only southwest.

90% of the time i'm in uniform since i'm either on the way to work, or heading home with no time to change clothes. the profile is always the same - last minute, full-fare one-way ticket - yet southwest is the only one that ever stops me. it's getting pretty bad. just because i'm in uniform and can't complain, they pick me.

BizJet737,

If you're riding on a full fare ticket, I think that you should complain. Unlike me, a lowly freeloading jumpseater, you DO have a voice. If I was you, I'd pack a casual shirt that matched my uniform pants. Then maybe they wouldn't assume that you were one of the "easy pickins".

regards
8N

Latest resources

Back