• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseats???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
just to clarify, i was NOT selected by the computer, but by the gate agent taking boarding passes. i was selected solely because i was in uniform (hadn't had time to change after my flight) and the agent knew i couldn't complain.

a couple of our pilots did complain this past winter and they were terminated for "having a bad attitude" when they questioned the gate agent about why they were searched when the computer didn't select them. i know, i wasn't there, maybe they mouthed off to the agent. but the agent called our ops, they were flown to cmh and after the secret police investigated, were terminated.

BIZJET737:

You are not being told the truth. The gate agent did not select you, plain and simple. For a gate agent to select you, you have to trigger a few other safeguards; and by that time the Airport Police, FBI and TSA have already introduced themselves to you.

The program, approved by the FAA selected you.

This is only a guess, but looking at your experience you appear to be a NETJET pilot.

If that's true and you were ticketed one way ... at the last minute (what I mean here is less than 7 days in advance) ... statistically speaking you would be SELECTED by the program.

New thought ...

Is every SWA gate agent kind, considerate and professional ?

No ... of course not ...

But for the most part (my guess is over 98%) they are.

I make a special effort to treat the NETJET pilots with the professional courtesy they would enjoy if they flew for a 121 carrier.

Latest resources

Back