Jumpseating to Buenos Aires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Green

Trying to j/s to Buenos Aires soon. Wondering if any cargo operators that belong to CAss fly to Ba? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks..

UPS flies down there nightly. You'll also find Gemini down there occasioanlly, as well as Florida West. I also understand that Cielos goes down there regularly, but they're a 129 operation, so I doubt that you'll get there on them, but it's worth a shot. Forget FedEX- they're running Mountain Air Cargo F-27's down there out of Campinas, Brazil. No joy with that jumpseat.

But seriously, if you're in the CASS system, why don't you just take American, United or Delta? They fly down there everyday?

CASS is only for domestic operations. You can't ride the jumpseat on intl. flights unless you work for the company.

Yes, but...

jacko123 said:
CASS is only for domestic operations. You can't ride the jumpseat on intl. flights unless you work for the company.

But if there's a seat in the back you're good to go.

I've used CASS on international flights on UAL and DAL. No cockpit; must ride in back.

Maybe I'm missing something but CASS has nothing to do with riding in the back. I work for a non CASS airline and I am able to travel intl. as well.

No, technically, you're correct; CASS was SPECIFICALLY designed to allow COCKPIT jumpseating on other carriers. However, many of these carriers have simply written their policies to only allow CASS participants a jumpseat, whether it's in the back OR in the front of the bus.

Prior to 911, it was based on reciprocation; you have a seat available on your bird, so we'll offer you a seat with us. After 911, most of the reciprocating agreements went out the window. However, if you get put into the CASS system, you have, by definition, a seat available to trade, and that saves everybody the hassle of getting reciprocating jumpseat agreements between all the different airlines.

Apologies

mar said:
I've used CASS on international flights on UAL and DAL.

Sorry. I can see how this sentence was a little misleading. Gringo provided the better answer.

Good luck.

Latest resources

Back