• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Jumpseating to Buenos Aires

Green

Total Time
Trying to j/s to Buenos Aires soon. Wondering if any cargo operators that belong to CAss fly to Ba? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks..

gringo

As good as it gets.
Total Time
~4500
UPS flies down there nightly. You'll also find Gemini down there occasioanlly, as well as Florida West. I also understand that Cielos goes down there regularly, but they're a 129 operation, so I doubt that you'll get there on them, but it's worth a shot. Forget FedEX- they're running Mountain Air Cargo F-27's down there out of Campinas, Brazil. No joy with that jumpseat.

But seriously, if you're in the CASS system, why don't you just take American, United or Delta? They fly down there everyday?

jacko123

Total Time
4+
CASS is only for domestic operations. You can't ride the jumpseat on intl. flights unless you work for the company.

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
Yes, but...

jacko123 said:
CASS is only for domestic operations. You can't ride the jumpseat on intl. flights unless you work for the company.

But if there's a seat in the back you're good to go.

I've used CASS on international flights on UAL and DAL. No cockpit; must ride in back.

jacko123

Total Time
4+
Maybe I'm missing something but CASS has nothing to do with riding in the back. I work for a non CASS airline and I am able to travel intl. as well.

gringo

As good as it gets.
Total Time
~4500
No, technically, you're correct; CASS was SPECIFICALLY designed to allow COCKPIT jumpseating on other carriers. However, many of these carriers have simply written their policies to only allow CASS participants a jumpseat, whether it's in the back OR in the front of the bus.

Prior to 911, it was based on reciprocation; you have a seat available on your bird, so we'll offer you a seat with us. After 911, most of the reciprocating agreements went out the window. However, if you get put into the CASS system, you have, by definition, a seat available to trade, and that saves everybody the hassle of getting reciprocating jumpseat agreements between all the different airlines.

mar

Remember this one?
Total Time
Apologies

mar said:
I've used CASS on international flights on UAL and DAL.

Sorry. I can see how this sentence was a little misleading. Gringo provided the better answer.

Good luck.

jacko123

Total Time
4+
Thats great, I had no idea CASS got rid of some of the reciprocal agreemants.