Jumpseating to Australia...need info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chase

Any folks who might have any information on jumpseating to Melbourne in late Sept would be greatly appreciated...haven't been there before so would also appreciate any travel info on best deals, places to visit, etc....planning a side trip to New Zealand also so would appreciate intel on jumpseating from Australia to New Zealand as well as travel info....my apologies in advance for using the board for this reason....I have found the travel intel on here to be as good as any travel agency, thanks in advance.....always happy to meet with any aviators wishing to chat about SWA also....will make the same offer to anyone in MSO for the end of this month & early July...send PM if interested. Thanks again in advance to anyone who wishes to respond via PM or this thread.

Some of the freight outfits will have jumpseats available. Check Polar. I think they do Sydney via Honolulu. I'd throw a post on the Cargo forum. The nice thing about the cargo outfits is less competition for the jumpseats than you have on the pax airlines which will be packed since it's summertime.

Dave Benjamin said:
Some of the freight outfits will have jumpseats available. Check Polar. I think they do Sydney via Honolulu. I'd throw a post on the Cargo forum. The nice thing about the cargo outfits is less competition for the jumpseats than you have on the pax airlines which will be packed since it's summertime.

UPS has two flights from Honolulu to Sydney on Saturdays -- a 747 and an MD-11.

Below Mins said:
UPS has two flights from Honolulu to Sydney on Saturdays -- a 747 and an MD-11.

I called UPS in April about international jumpseating. They do not offer international jumpseating at this time for non-UPS pilots.

chase said:
Any folks who might have any information on jumpseating to Melbourne in late Sept .....

As suggested, I think you'll find it easier to get close, maybe NRT or HNL & then push to Aus. If you can find someone to offer a JS from the states you'll find a relief pilot sitting in them - so it really is going to be tough there.

Also, the cargo carriers would be the eay to go - seats + crew rest.

Have fun "down under"

chase said:
Dave B,

Great intel...thanks so much, I'll do that

No worries mate!

Here's the URL for the Polar schedules
http://www.polaraircargo.com/scheduledservices/schedule.asp

Just click on "Schedules" and it will tell you what goes where. If you need the phone # for dispatch let me know and I'll send you a PM. Polar seems quite friendly towards jumpseaters. I spoke with them before I did my SE Asia vacation and they were courteous and helpful. I ended up on a different carrier since Polar didn't really go where I wanted to be but I think it would work out well for Oz.

Chase,

Also check out the visa entry requirements. I seem to recall a bud having problems jumpseating without one.
Have fun
slowdryver

Atlas Air to SYD, MEL, AKL

Atlas Air Jumpseating

You can fill out the information on the website and submit it to the company, and then call our Jumpseat Desk to confirm your request and get updated schedules. Please allow 48 hours before planned travel date to submit your request, but heard it can be done in as little as 24 hours.

If going to Australia, the company requires that you have a valid passport and a visa (ETA) for entry. The usual trips are: HNL-SYD, HNL-AKL-MEL, HNL-AKL, we do not usually operate back to HNL from SYD. From SYD we usually go to SYD-PER, SYD-PVG or SYD-HKG.

I hope you find this information useful, see attached link for further information:
http://www.atlasair.com/travel/confirm.asp?type=1

Phone number: in USA 800-862-8527 outside USA 914-701-6400 and then press the following numbers at the voice prompt in order to get to the Jumpseat Desk 1-2-2-4

Hawaiian has 4 flights a week out of HNL-SYD- Mon,Wed,Thur,Sat. You should have no problem getting a seat in the back.

Latest resources

Back