jumpseating on nw/dl

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ricj41

I am going to upstate mn tomorrow and going on nw. I went to alpas jumpseat website to see if there were any special procedures to list myself and didn't see any. Do I really just go to the gate or is there a # to call to list myself prior? Thanks.

Just go to the gate, tell the agent you would like to see if the jumpseat is available, and she will handle the rest.

Just go to the gate, tell the agent you would like to see if the jumpseat is available, and she will handle the rest.

...or...she will tell you that you need to have listed for the jumpseat. You will tell her that there is no way to list for the jumpseat since you are an off-line jumpseater. After that you will get different varieties of "but you need to list, if you want the jumpseat", all should be answered with your original response of "I am unable to list, because I do not work for your airline"....
After about standing around for about 5 min and the gate agent getting upset with you and hacking around furiously on her keyboard the entire time, you should be set and end up with the jump.
If this sounds a bit over exagurated, I get that treatment at the NWA gates 4 times out of 5, totaling to more a grand total of more digits I have on my hands and feet. In the end it always works though, the process is just frustrating.

...or...she will tell you that you need to have listed for the jumpseat. You will tell her that there is no way to list for the jumpseat since you are an off-line jumpseater. After that you will get different varieties of "but you need to list, if you want the jumpseat", all should be answered with your original response of "I am unable to list, because I do not work for your airline"....
After about standing around for about 5 min and the gate agent getting upset with you and hacking around furiously on her keyboard the entire time, you should be set and end up with the jump.
If this sounds a bit over exagurated, I get that treatment at the NWA gates 4 times out of 5, totaling to more a grand total of more digits I have on my hands and feet. In the end it always works though, the process is just frustrating.

You are more than welcome to walk next time if you find the process so frustrating. I have seen THOUSANDS of pilots jumpseat on NWA with no problem.

I can count on one hand the number of times I've had trouble jumpseating on NW....class act all the way around in my experience.

If someone thinks riding NW is tough, they'd better steer well clear of the average AA gate agent who would eat them for lunch and ask for seconds....

Tip: Start out by being extremely polite and I think that you'll see 4 out 5 times you'll have no problems.

Or better yet, just give us your name and airline and I'll pass on to our jumpseat chairman that you are having a difficult time jumpseating 80% of the time on NWA.

Latest resources

Back