• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseating on International Carriers within US

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think Southwest guys get some sort of a deal with Martinair (Holland)

I know Expressjets pilots can JS with Eva Airways from Newark to Seattle (unless that has changed recently). This agreement was halted following 9/11 but was reinstated after long talks with the Eva chief pilot and a commuter of our own.

This is true. Their policy is very strict regarding listing (no showing is unnacceptable), dress, and it requires you to be there much earlier than normal jumpseating. It's been told to us by our JS committee not to screw up because the agreement could disappear as quickly as it was signed. Note to XJT guys...Do our SEA commuters a favor and contact the JS committee before jumping on EVA.

I know Expressjets pilots can JS with Eva Airways from Newark to Seattle (unless that has changed recently). This agreement was halted following 9/11 but was reinstated after long talks with the Eva chief pilot and a commuter of our own.

The procedure is to show up at their ticket counter at least 1 hr prior to departure, because their ticket desk people leave the front part of the airport to go work the flight at the gate. Therefore there is no one left there to check you in if you're late.

It was halted because a CAL pilot was running late on his commute one night and had himself driven on the ramp over to the EVA gate, walked up the jetway stairs, and banged on the door to get in. EVA called the port authority police to have him removed from the premises. EVA stopped allowing jumpseating after that bit of genius at work. XJT was able to get it back when we convinced them that we were not CAL pilots. Funny stuff.

Latest resources

Back