Jumpseating on AA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloughfodder said:
No joke. Just ask any Furloughed AA Pilot if they can jumpseat on AA...most don't even have ANY travel benefits whatsoever.
Most furloughed AA guys have NO travel priviledges on AA. If they do they are only good for 2 years (only if they have not called in sick).

Nice to see them give the seats to everyone but their own!

It may be outdated, but the latest jumpseat guide shows Trans States only taking two jumpers, so doesn't look like they have a chance. But as far as CHQ and Corp Ex I have no idea why you shouldn't be able to get things worked out. I wouldn't be surprised to find out the reason we were able to get it worked out is because we have such a major presence in ORD, who knows. AD

So just where can we jumpseat these days? Is it still US, Canada, Meixco, and Carribean?? Are places like Costa Rica allowed? South America, europe? Thanks!

Last I checked, only carriers that fly International were allowed to jumpseat international. That would be UA,USair,NWA,DAL,CAL,Alaska(?)
Not sure if that has changed, but will try to find out.

AA pilot

Neubyfly said:
Most furloughed AA guys have NO travel priviledges on AA. If they do they are only good for 2 years (only if they have not called in sick).

Nice to see them give the seats to everyone but their own!
Neuby,

I have been furloughed from several large 121 carriers in my past and unfortunately did not have the ability to non rev on either of them. It would be a nice touch and helpful. What was TWA's policy on furloughed folks non revving? I would think with the hard times and multiple BK's that they would have attempted to treat the employees a little better than the current airlines.

Avro.......I imagine things are changing daily. Air Wisconsin is good to jumpseat Domestically, which includes Mexico, Canada and the Carribbean Islands.

As far as the companies that can jump systemwide the list is rather short:
Alaska, Aloha, Northwest, Piedmont, Polar, Continental, Delta, Southwest, FedEx, United and USAir.

Latest resources

Back