Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseating from London (any London, UK airport)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smash312

Just wondering, how would one go about jumpseating back to the US with FedEx/UPS or any other cargo carrier from the UK?? I have found a schedule on the internet for FedEx from STN-MEM. It is:

STN - MEM 0001 MD-11 2055 0022 -M-----
STN - MEM 0001 MD-11 2055 0022 --TWT--
STN - MEM 0001 MD-11 2055 0022 -----F-

How would I go about finding out other cargo carriers timetables? Also, how would I go about listing (Do I have to? Do I just show up?) for the ride back?? Also, does anyone know if the above FedEx schedule is still correct? Please, any/all help and advice is much apprecited!! Oh, I am flight crew with a regional carrier - not an employee of any of the above mentioned cargo carriers.

Last edited:
I didn't think FedEx took intl jumpseaters unless they were FedEx employees. Am I misaken?

I've heard that Kalitta, Atlas/polar, and Gemini are all very accomodating and willing to let other 121 guys ride along.

Kalitta has its flight schedule on its website

Fedex and UPS don't take int'l jumpseaters unless you are emploeed by them, but Atlas will take you so will maxjet and eos. I don't think Atlas has much out of STN lately anymore, but I'll check for you.

Just wondering, how would one go about jumpseating back to the US with FedEx/UPS or any other cargo carrier from the UK?? I have found a schedule on the internet for FedEx from STN-MEM. It is:

STN - MEM 0001 MD-11 2055 0022 -M-----
STN - MEM 0001 MD-11 2055 0022 --TWT--
STN - MEM 0001 MD-11 2055 0022 -----F-

How would I go about finding out other cargo carriers timetables? Also, how would I go about listing (Do I have to? Do I just show up?) for the ride back?? Also, does anyone know if the above FedEx schedule is still correct? Please, any/all help and advice is much apprecited!! Oh, I am flight crew with a regional carrier - not an employee of any of the above mentioned cargo carriers.

Kalitta Air doesn't have any departures out of the London area unfortunately. The closest would be East Midlands (EGNX) which is north of London by a bit. And that flight only goes to Amsterdam and is once a week. Not much of a choice I'm afraid. We do have departures out of Amsterdam - you could take an Easyjet flight to AMS then catch one of our flights, if you're on our approved list. (sorry - I wish everyone could jumpseat). There are some regionals on it... let me know who you work for and I can check.

Maxjet is a good choice and a friend from Spirit just jumpseated on them to and from STN - it went very well. But he said they aren't taking anyone who isn't currently on their jumpseat list - or adding anyone to the list either. However, it's a small place so I imagine if you call up and talk to the chief pilot or dispatch you could find out the real deal.

I will say that jumpseating on a cargo 747 is great with the upper deck. At Kalitta Air, there is a nice first class seat, a meal, a place to plug your laptop in and usually a bunk is available.

Consider

MaxJet from STN, USAir does take internation JSers.

List if you can and get there early.

Atlas doesn't have anymore flights out of STN - lost it's BA contract. However, that said, still have flights out of Prestwick - usually one-two per day, but both east/west bound including AMS, Incirlik or Luxembourg with follow-on to Huntsville, JFK or McGuire. You need to be in CAAS. Maxjet works great, a couple of my budds flew them, about $12 US-STN or about $65 STN-JFK/Dulles. Info above about being on "their list"?? is unknown to me, maybe something new? As for EOS, tried them 6months ago - no go unless you want to pay $1800 one way. They weren't in CAAS then, but they were trying I believe, and maybe something's changed recently. Best bet if you are in UK - try Heathrow with United (or Delta, since i think they picked up all UA's JFK-LON routes), NWA or US Air. Gatwick is another location - i think that's US Air?? AMS & FRA or good too, but expect to pay about $65 for dept taxes. I've never paid taxes out of Heathrow on United, but have out of FRA and AMS. Continental too will work. If you are Military, Atlas is good bet from Ramstein to McGuire or Dover, almost one a day.
Hope this helps. good luck.
ps - STN to Heathrow is not cheap - 20lb($40) bus ride or more for the train.

will kallita take 135 guys to AMS ? I wanna see my mom and dad!

Latest resources

Back