• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just checked my FOM and unfortunately not at SWA. We do however have a very inclusive jumpseat policy with agreements with Airnet, Amflight, and other 135 freight guys. Have your people talk to my people and hopefully they can come to an agreement.

Anyone else, any majors. I have an interview but I can only take the job, provided I am hired, if you can commute.

I just checked our approved Jumpseat list for US Airways, and are not on the list.

I would do what Turn suggested.

Where are you going to commute from, what city?

Lrjet55 said:
Anyone else, any majors. I have an interview but I can only take the job, provided I am hired, if you can commute.

Give us some more info.

I think there still are a lot of scabs at Miami Air, might explain the lack of
reciprocal jumpseat agreements....

I have a buddy that went there and from what he told me its a on call flight ops with 1hr45min show time with 9 days off. Not made for commuters.

The above poster is not correct with regards to the mainline US Airways Jumpseat. We are authorized to take any part 121 pilot as a jumpseater. The "Designated Airlines List" is advisory only for part 121 carriers. It is a requirement to be on the list for Part 135 carriers.

And remember we can carry as many jumpseaters as there are seats available.

Allegiant Air will take you as a JSer

We do not have a formal agreement with Miami Air, but are in the process of forming one. Miami Air has scheduled flight from MCO and MIA to San Jose, Costa Rica. The charter/supplemental does not allow others to jumpseat as a rule and it is near impossible to count on it as there is no schedule.

Allegiant takes unlimited jSer, both pilots and F/As to ride in the main cabin after dispatch approval.

AAY now has scheduled service from Orlando/Sanford (SFB) if that helps.

I believe you will not do well as a commuter with Miami Air, given their schedule IMO.

Good Luck,

Jeff

Latest resources

Back