Jumpseat Update!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

browntail

I just wanted to let you guys know that we are some of the leaders in getting everything back to normal. We have taken some crap for not being able to allow anyone on our planes (thanks FAA), but our people are busting their hump to change that.

"Adm. Loy noted in his letter that two senior TSA officials
attended a Dec.19 demonstration of the Coalition's protocol for
restoring reciprocal jumpseat privileges. Capt. Greg
Schoettmer (UPS), chairman of the ATA's Cockpit Access
Security System Task Force, conducted the demonstration."

I believe the majority of us understand the issues involved and only a small uninformed minority take it personally. Thanks for working on it and the update. You guys are welcome on my airplane any time.

It would be very helpful to some if UPS can satisfactorily prove to the FAA that the Jumpseat can be safely occupied to see FEDEX follow suit.

Browntail,

UPS is in fact on the Jumpseat Task Force. Jill Clark, from Continental, the guy from America West, and a few others to boot. FedEx, and SouthWest have donated money. A few airlines including jetblue have offered to host the sever for the proposed solution, but the Feds wanted an un-interested third party to handle that, so Airinc got the nod.

The point is, a whole lot of airlines have tried to work on this. ALPA was not on the band wagon at first, but climbed on about the same time they decided they wanted to make me a Barney Fife. The jumpseat task force is meeting in D.C. next month. If you want to help, send your jumpseat coordinator a letter detailing your position in support of what they are trying to accomplish.

In the mean time, no one on our list will be denied by me, nor to my knowledge anyone I work with, except for the usual valid reasons. In other words, come on over Brown tail. I'll give ya a ride!!!

JayDub

Latest resources

Back