Jumpseat to OKBK (Kuwait City)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dfwdavi8r

Any chance a US 121 Carrier flies direct? FedEx, UPS, or anyone else that is CASS?

I'm not sure if they even go in there. I've never seen them on the ramp. That doesn't mean they don't, but you may have better luck with some of the outfits that are flying military charters.

Typhoonpilot

I know American and Delta fly in there but they are CRAF missions. I'm not sure if normal jumpseat privledges apply since it's a government contract. My guess would be no jumpseaters due to the nature of the flights (ie...troop movement).

Kalitta does a Ewr-Eham-Obbi-Okbk flt. Call 1-800 521-1590 talk to ops. Our jumpseat policy is fairly restrictive- I think the Cp or Director of Safety can give you a pass if you are 121.

No U.S. air carriers fly scheduled service into OKBK except Kalitta. Sometime Evergreen flys in there but they've been going to Baghdad direct more than into Kuwait. You will always see U.S. carriers on the ramp but these are military CRAF flights and nobody but the military gets access to these flights.

The best way to get to Kuwait is to buy an ID90 or Zone fare on KLM AF or LF. The Air France flight seems to be the best in terms of loads because they fly an A320 long range to Kuwait so they don't market their flights there like the wide-body trips do. KLM is 90% U.S. military in the cabin so expect that flight to be full. B.A. is also usually full.

You can also fly to DXB or BAH and ID into OKBK on EK or GF. As far as a visa is concerned, Americans can get visas on arrival in Kuwait. Not sure why anyone would want to go there though, except on business. Miserable place.

whymeworry? said:
Not sure why anyone would want to go there though, except on business. Miserable place.

I'm guessing that you have a spouse or close relative who's assigned there. Good luck with getting over there, whatever the reason is.

Latest resources

Back