Jumpseat to London?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gooseman13

Anyone familiar with jumpseating on a cargo carrier to London? Specifically, I'm looking to go on 08March from Washington or NY area. If anyone has any ideas, or places to find schedules, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Max Jet or Eos

Max Jet or Eos, both all first class airlines with daily service, from everything I hear their great to jumpseaters. NYC-LON

I've taken Max Jet to Stansted. They were great to us! At the time they were also flying out of Washington Dulles, airplanes were running about 80% so there were seats available and the people were great to deal with. Airport taxes were $15 out of JFK and about $70 USD out of Stanstead. All first class, so dress accordingly. Out of Stanstead many flights to choose from on EasyJet and Ryannair (must buy a ticket though). Stanstead Express train to London as well.

Check out Atlas as they have a base in Stanstead. I didn't ride on them, but inquired to the Jumpseat and they were great too. Need to book in advance though with Atlas.

STN No Help

We have a base at STN, but no flight into or out of London. We have 2 flights operating out of EMA (East Midlands) on March 3rd and 4th to DFW. I know this is not the routing you were looking for, but for anyone else looking for a jumpseat out of the U.K. to the U.S. over the next couple of days are welcomed aboard!

Kalitta Air goes JFK-EMA (East Midlands) on March 10th at 02:30am (night of the 9th) - EMA airport is sort of in the middle of nowhere, so I don't know if there is any transit links to London. schedule at kalittaair.com

We take pilots and dispatchers depending on who you work for (you have to be on the approved list).

gooseman, I know you asked about cargo rides, but thought I'd chime in on the chance you decide to go pax.

United, USAir & Delta are all good to ride with to London. They serve Gatwick & Heathrow, don't think any of them go to STN. UAL has several departures out of ORD each afternoon to LRH.

If you are going on the pax carriers, it is a good idea to pre-pay departure taxes at a customer service center. They will give you a receipt and IF you are asked for the fees then you can present it. Sometimes they don't ask for them. If they do ask and you are already at the gate without having paid, you may end up missing the flight as you backtrack to the appropriate office, stand in line, etc (especially at LRH).

Heathrow Express is an easy way to connect to the city and rail system from LRH. It's not cheap (15 pounds OW when I rode), but aircrew can get a discount, I think by paying at a ticket window (they can't give the discount when you pay on board).

Hope you make it and have a great time! London is the :bomb: !!!

Just to update this...

First, thanks to everyone for their help and advice.

Basically, I'm now trying to head to Munich on the 8th. Most pax flights are pretty full, so I'd like to get as close as possible to MUC, and then if neccessary I can always non-rev a short hop on LH to make it there. If anyone has ideas, please let me know.

I noticed Kalitta has a flight from JFK-BRU. Anyone know if they take 121 dispatchers?

Thanks again!

Latest resources

Back