Jumpseat to China?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
seahorse said:
CAL from Newark to Beijing nonstop is an option.

We can take as many open seats as we have as long as your carrier is on the "international" js list. The Beijing flights can sometimes be heavy. Also, I think you need to be at the airport and start the process a little earlier than normal. I would give yourself at least two hours to departure to be safe.

Visa Requirements

I would also look into whether or not a Visa is required to go to China. Being a jumpseater, you are not working the flight and entrance requirements are different.

You need a visa for China. If you enter China via Hong Kong you can purchase a visa in HK although it will be cheaper and easier if you get it done before you leave. Happy travels.

United has flights from the west coast, ORD, etc., to Hong Kong as well as Shanghai and I think a couple of other places. I've ridden with them many times and they are great.

NWA goes N/S from DTW to Beijing.....I think if you're a J/S they put you on the Crew Dec & you're considered a crewmember. Not sure....maybe 2 J/S plus 2 in the cabin.

Not sure about the visa requirement....I know all our guys that fly there need one.

320AV8R

Latest resources

Back