Jumpseat to Amsterdam?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ultrarunner said:
Geezz. 5 bills for peace of mind. You can't beat that!

Sure I can jumpseat and check the loads first=FREE!!

I commute to AMS at least once a month. You don't have to pay taxes outbound. NWA has the most flight to AMS and are very open to jumpseaters. Also Atlas Has a flight out of ATL a couple times a week and is probably the nicest smoothest way to get to AMS.

Good Luck

"Mayonaise on french fires? Aw man that's some nasty $hit!"

c'mon... how about some "zoute drop" ... Are you married to a Dutch girl?

That's a heck of reason for me to jumpseat back to the old country for a few days!!

I'll never forget the day I gave my ex g/f (american girl 6th generation Omaha, NE) some "zoute drop" she spit it out within 2 seconds.

----

translation: "zoute drop" is a sour Dutch candy....

JS Amsterdam

I am a swa guy....js to ams 3 times in the last 4 months. Twice on US.Air Mia to PHL - PHL-AMS zero problems cost is 46 buck to get back cause of fees at ams. Lead time about 4 hrs...js on Delta once lead time 90 minutes that a hard rule at delta. just walked up to the counter in ams and two hrs later was airborne first class to NY. Also you can buy rt tickets on Martinair for 224.

here is some more information from the U.S. Department of State website for US citzens going to the Netherlands :

----------------

U.S. RELATIONS
The U.S. partnership with the Netherlands is one of its oldest continuous relationships and dates back to the American Revolution. The excellent bilateral relations are based on close historical and cultural ties as well as a common dedication to individual freedom and human rights. The Netherlands shares with the United States a liberal economic outlook and is firmly committed to free trade. The United States attaches great value to its strong economic and commercial ties with the Dutch. The Netherlands is the fourth-largest direct foreign investor in the United States, and the United States is the largest direct foreign investor in the Netherlands.
The United States and the Netherlands often have similar positions on issues and work together both bilaterally and multilaterally in such institutions as the United Nations and NATO. The Dutch have worked with the United States at the WTO, in the OECD, as well as within the EU to advance the shared U.S. goal of a more open, honest, and market-led global economy. The Dutch, like the United States, supported the recent accession of 10 new members to the EU.
The United States and the Netherlands joined NATO as charter members in 1949. The Dutch fought alongside the United States in the Korean War and the first Gulf War and have been active in global peacekeeping efforts in the former Yugoslavia, Afghanistan and Iraq. The Netherlands played a leading role in the 1999 Kosovo air campaign. They currently are contributing to EU peacekeeping forces in Bosnia. They have been active participants in the International Security Assistance Force and Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan. In the initial phase of the recent Iraq conflict, the Dutch deployed Patriot missiles to protect NATO ally Turkey, and sent a battalion of troops to Iraq to participate in stabilization operations. The Dutch also support and participate in NATO and EU training efforts in Iraq. Principal U.S. Embassy Officials (as of February 2006)

============

December 16, 2005
COUNTRY DESCRIPTION: The Netherlands is a highly developed, stable democracy. Tourist facilities are available throughout the Kingdom. Read the Department of State Background notes on The Netherlands at http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/3204.htm for additional information.

=========

SAFETY AND SECURITY: In 2004, the Dutch government implemented heightened security measures in response to concerns of international Islamic extremist terrorist activity on Dutch soil. The November 2004 murder of Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh by an Islamic extremist in Amsterdam further increased concerns over Islamic extremist activity in The Netherlands. One individual was arrested and later sentenced to life in prison for van Gogh’s murder and related Islamic extremist activities. Since the murder, the Dutch government has remained on heightened alert.
U.S. citizens in The Netherlands are encouraged to monitor media reports, and are reminded to maintain a high level of vigilance and to take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness. As with other countries in the Schengen area, The Netherlands’ open borders with its European neighbors allow the possibility of terrorist groups entering/exiting the country with anonymity.
Demonstrations are commonplace in The Netherlands and may range in number from a few people to several thousand. Prior police approval is required for public demonstrations, and police oversight is routinely provided. Nonetheless, situations may develop which could pose a threat to public safety. U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas in which public demonstrations are taking place.

============
MEDICAL FACILITIES AND HEALTH INFORMATION: Good medical facilities are widely available. Emergency medical response can be accessed by calling 1-1-2. Reputable pharmacies are widely available and can assist with emergency prescription needs.

=========

TRAFFIC SAFETY AND ROAD CONDITIONS: While in a foreign country, U.S. citizens may encounter road conditions that differ significantly from those in the United States. The information below concerning The Netherlands is provided for general reference only, and it may not be totally accurate in a particular location or circumstance:
Travel in, around, and between cities is possible via a highly advanced national train, light rail and tram network, by use of an extensive system of bike paths, and by automobile and motorcycle using the highway system. Rail is often a convenient alternative to driving, particularly in the areas around Amsterdam, The Hague, and Rotterdam, where road congestion is frequent. Rail network information is available at http://www.ns.nl.
Intercity travel by road is relatively safe in comparison with some other European countries

A valid drivers license issued by a Department of Motor Vehicles in the U.S. is valid for use in The Netherlands for up to 180 days. Seat belt and child seat use is compulsory. Driving is on the right side of the road. The maximum speed limit on highways is 120 km/h, with a highway speed limit of 100 km/h posted in most urban areas. Secondary roads have a speed limit of 80 km/h. The speed limit in towns and cities is 50 km/h, with 30 km/h posted in residential areas. The Dutch government has recently reduced speed limits on certain roads near cities in an effort to reduce air pollution. During traffic jams, authorities also reduce speed limits; drivers should be sure to check for revised limits posted on electronic billboards above the highways. Please note that drivers must yield the right-of-way to drivers and bikers coming from the right at intersections or traffic circles, unless otherwise posted. The maximum allowable blood alcohol level in The Netherlands is 0.5 per mille. The use of cellular telephones while driving is illegal without the use of a “hands-free” device

=====

Hope this helps ! enjoy your stay, please don't hesitate to send me a PM if you have any more questions.

Regards,
FD

Flyingdutchman said:
That's a heck of reason for me to jumpseat back to the old country for a few days!!

I'll never forget the day I gave my ex g/f (american girl 6th generation Omaha, NE) some "zoute drop" she spit it out within 2 seconds.

----

translation: "zoute drop" is a sour Dutch candy....

Is it that black licorice with salt stuff?

Latest resources

Back