Jumpseat to Amsterdam?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jolly Roger

My wife and I are looking to travel to AMS in about three weeks (to visit her brother, I swear!). We are buying her ZED's (which aren't super cheap, and I'm not sure which zed carrier is best. Lufthansa loads look ok but not great), but I was thinking about jumpseating out. I looked at full fares, probably around $500 each, maybe we'll just do that.

We live in Phoenix, so LAX would be an easy depature option, but are flexible there, too.

Any help/thoughts on difficulty jumping out there on a carrier? What are lead times, etc... any and all help would be greatly appreciated! I will be traveling a couple of days after her, so going on different carriers isn't a problem.

Thanks in advance!

I was in MEM 2 days ago, they told me it would cost me 15 bucks to jumpseat to AMS.

Have fun! dont smoke to much of that crap!

Yup on international J/S you have to pay all the custom fees and such. Departing AMS is even more$$$

Just remembered the info is online. Yes , I recommend going MSP or DTW just because each has 3 flts a day.And i learned something too. We used to have two lists International and Domestic and now its just one.They do charge some kind of departure fees and to come out of AMS is a pain so Ill try to get better info for you. KLM runs things in Europe and they can be a difficult.

Thanks, file....What would I have to do out of the ordinary to list for the j/s? How much notice is needed, and anything other than the passport, and usual credentials?

Jolly Roger said:
...I work for SWA

Jolly Roger, I work for SWA also, MDW base. I jump on UA a ton out of ORD. They are fantastic and by far the easiest J/S in my opinion (you may even score a nice comfy seat on them.) I used them 6 times last year on International flights mostly to LHR and once to FRA. I believe they operate a 767 once daily ORD-AMS. Just call their nonrev # (800) 825-5478 and list a day or so in advance.
Also, you could use AA as a back up also from ORD. With AA I know they definetly want you to list prior to showing up. Their nonrev # (888) 933-5922.
Best of luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back