Jumpseat Question...Delta to Argentina

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi there,

Just came back from Buenos Aires earlier this year.

Tip 1: As soon as you land, introduce yourself to the station manager and tell them you will be jumpseating out in a few days and you want to go through their station procedures now to make it easier on them to look into the J/S if needed.

Tip 2: Buy Zed passes on CAL, AA, and DAL. Cash them in if you do not need them.

DAL counter seemed knowledgeable of the process but they were full that day and I used AA. CAL station manager was also very kind and knew the J/S procedure. AA was the worst by far and I was ping ponging back and forth from agent to agent. but I got the J/S at the last minute.

Tip 3: Keep some Argentinian money to pay airport taxes on the way out.

Good luck.

That's great information I'll definately try that with the station manager. Thanks for that info!

My DL jumpseating has found out a few things.....

Must be listed on Jumpseat 75 mins prior to departure. You can do this at the ticket counter - note: not all gate agents know how to do this so it may take some time.

You also must pay taxes leaving. How much are taxes leaving the US? ZERO. But you still have to get a piece of paper saying that it was paid as 0.00 if possible you should try to pay the return taxes if they know how to do it that way you don't have to do it when you get over there.

When I listed at the check in counter, in atl, they didn't know about this requirement so I made it to the gate and they sent me to the Customer service desk in the E concourse where they swiped my credit card and I got the appropriate ticket that said Zero taxes paid.

Always give yourself time most gate agents especially the ones abroad are pretty clueless to the process. I find being super nice while maintaining a level of assertiveness works great.

To sum it up get yourself listed 75 mins prior......Bay the zero taxes and get the paperwork (card ticket stock)that shows you did it........coming back same thing except you have to pay the departure tax specific to that country.

Hope that helps

I'm thinking of going to Buenos Aires also let me know wha you find out abut the taxes and etc....

Good luck.

I went to EZE on AA the July 4th weekend. Awesome city with some good local talent.

Very talented AA agents, Sabre (listing) skills, and looks.

Taxes down there are $18. Delta "taxes" are around $30.
Down there it might take a couple of gate agents to figure out how to process the JS but everyone will know what you are talking about.

Cool...yea, I know what you're talking about with the $0.00 recipt from Delta, did it going to Prague from Atlanta, but I went from there right to Vienna on Austrian, so I didn't pay any return taxes as I wasn't coming back on Delta. Lets just hope those load restrictions noted on the nonrev site dont play too big a factor.

Just wanted to revive this thread....my Buddy is thinking of taking a trip down to BA anyone got the 411 on whether or not cargo loads are a problem on ATL to Buenos Aires?

Latest resources

Back