• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jumpseat policies of the regionials

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Frankly i dont care bout riding upfront. I would rather soemtimes be in the back laying back in the seat catching some late sleep!"

Believe me, if you were a commuter and needed the jumpseat to get to or from work you'd be more than happy to sit there. I commuted for over two years and the jumpseat saved my bacon more times than I can count.

Oh i believe ya! lol. Im not dissing the jumpseat. Im just saying that if it were my choice i would take a regular seat anyday! get some sleep! now if i had to then heck yeah, jumpseat is definatly a good option. But see the thing is um your cramped up in the middle most of the time ( atleast i am ) dunno bout yall. Heck i remember riding jumpseat in a Saab once and let me tell ya the seat was cramming me inbetween the cocpit door i literally was sitting sideways with one leg on the outside and one leg on the inside of the door. So in my opinion id rather take backseat ;) More comfort. Take Care
Cap'n Landry

Looks like the offline jumpseat policy is changing again. Pilot program for employment verification is underway as we speak.

At Mesaba our own guys have highest priority, then Pinnacle and NWA, etc. Even if our FOM did give NWA bumping rights in ink, you can bet I'd never let that happen on one of my flights!! If what you're saying really is true, your MEC needs to squash this policy quickly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back