Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dondk

Don't you wish
I have a question to ask from the regional community...

Can you be bumped from YOUR jumpseat (on YOUR carrier) by a mainline pilot?

At Pinnacle, our policies are changing, and from what is being told of us.. Mainline NWA pilots can now bump one of our own pilots from our jumpseat. :mad:

I am not sure if this is a dangerous precedant we are setting OR if we are just behind the industry by thinking our jumpseat was or is our own.

I am really interested in comments from other wholly owned pilot groups as well as anyone else who may have a similar policy in place.

Hell no! COEX pilots cannot get bumped by CAL pilots on COEX jumpseats. The opposite is true on their aircraft. I'd ask the next NWA pilot who tries this on one of your aircraft if the seniority lists have been merged. When he says no, tell him to Fork off.

At Comair... the priority is Comair first, then Delta or ASA, then Skywest, ACA, Chataqua, then all others...

There is an easy fix... Captain's descreption of the jumpseat.

ACA neither

At ACA as with most regionals our policy is that our pilots have the highest priority followed by UAL/DAL, Skywest, ASA, Comair, Air Wisky, then everyone else. I cannot be bumped by a mainline UAL or DAL pilot.

Ha more jumpseating news. I dont fly regionals but i do know a bit bout jumpseating. It dont seem like the mainline pilot would have right of way over a pilot flying for the ACTUAL regional. I do know that ju8mpseating is at the pilots call. So i guess he has a bit to do with it. If the PIC dont want a jumpseater he doesnt have to take it ? correct ?
cap'n Landry

Eagle pilots go before AA mainline on Eagle and vice-versa on AA. Except for some AA instructors who are contract (not on seniority list), then any AMR line pilot rides first.

At ASA our own pilots have priority. THEN come Comair & DAL as far as riding on the actual jumpseat. As far as sitting in the cabin, ALL empty seats are jumpseats and any qualified 121 pilot can ride there.

I think we can carry ACA and Skywest up front on the jumpseat. I'm sure there's at least one ASA pilot who'll read this and clarify.

Eventually ;) someone will read it LOL. Yeah jumpseating on an airlines definatly in my opinioin is pilots for that carrier have first priority but the PIC does have the pick so. I guess what he says is fair. Frankly i dont care bout riding upfront. I would rather soemtimes be in the back laying back in the seat catching some late sleep! ( thats a very nice dream! ) lol take Care all
Captain Landry

To determine jumpseat priority at most 121 airlines you need to refer to the FOM. Until(when) our FOM reflects a change in order of priority, Pinnacle pilots will have priority on our flights for the jumpseat. This is the way it should be and I hope it doesn't change.

Latest resources

Back