• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat on other airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been commuting from Florida to Colorado for about 3 years now, and my experiences have been as follows: provided there are seats available, Frontier has always been great. Next, America West (I haven't ridden them in a while since they merged with usair) has also been very accommodating. Equally as good is Southwest. All of these airlines have not had a limit on the number of jumpers. Next up is Airtran (they take a jumpseater, then charge a small fee for as many "nonrevers" that wanted to jumpseat but weren't first in line), Continental, American. I forgot to put Alaska up near my number 1 choice (they even feed you, which is almost unheard of these days), Northwest. And my last two choices are Delta and United. United, however, just started allowing unlimited jumpseaters, so I guess I could give them a little credit there. Basically, each person will probably come up with their own opinions depending on what their commute is like. Most important thing;
no matter how rude, discourteous, or unprofessional an agent, pilot or FA might be toward you (very rare), just do your best to smile back.

Wankel7 said:
I was under teh impression AA had unlimited agreements with certain airlines....

The other poster gave you bad information.
We do have unlimited with many airlines now, also the jumpseat to OAL that are not the unlimited list are limited to the number of jumpseats. All 757s and 767s as well as the limited 777 domestic trips have 2 jumpseats. Our S80s have 1, and our 737s are a mix of 1 and 2.

Latest resources

Back