• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat on FDX and UPS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice how UPS guys are always riding with me, but there is no way in hell I'll be able to ride with them. Isn't that super.

FedEx is online with CASS. Unfortunately, your company has to provide digital pictures to the CASS database in order for you to JS on FedEx. Currently, only AA, AA eagle, Continental, and United have digital pics. Most airlines only require your passport but of course FedEx has to complicate things. Union is working on it. Anyway, I had the pleasure to ride in an AA cockpit the other day from LAS to DFW. No problems and everyone was fantastic. It's appreciated!

Just a tip. If the ticket agent enters your data in the CASS system (ie. your employee number, code (FX for FedEx)) and the computer return says you're not in the system, have them hit the "enter" button again to resubmit. It should pop up fine after that. I ran into this situation 2 out of 2 times so far.

Oakum--It's not the pilot's fault that CASS hasn't been implemented to a greater extent. Between management that doesn't exactly put this issue on the front burner to the TSA (need I say more? :rolleyes: ) it's a miracle that anything is getting done.

We commuters had it good... No, we had it GREAT for a long time. Now it sucks and will continue to suck as long as we have terrorists and the TSA (It's a tossup as to which is the greater threat to aviation in the U.S.).

A UPS pilot has been one of many leading this fight for several years now and she has busted her butt to get us this far. Have patience.TC

UPS Jumpseat Procedures

Oakum_Boy said:
Nice how UPS guys are always riding with me, but there is no way in hell I'll be able to ride with them. Isn't that super.

Hey pal, we don't make the rules. Either your airline is CASS approved (and you are welcome to jumpseat) or your airline is not CASS approved (and you are prohibited from jumpseating by the FAA).

If you are CASS approved and wish to jumpseat on UPS I'll re-post what has been posted before. Unfortunately (for offline jumpseaters), our flight schedules have been removed from public (internet) view after 9-11 by security people. You can book a jumpseat 10 days prior by calling 1-800-228-2739 and following the prompts (4, 1) for "reciprocal jumpseat travel". You will be connected to a human being who will assist you in your travel plans within the UPS worldwide system.

If you're CASS approved, believe me ... we're glad to return the jumpseat favor.

BBB

Latest resources

Back