Jumpseat on American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SWAdude

I haven't jumpseated since 9/11. I'm thinking of trying to go to DFW. What are the policies regarding signing up and attire.

Thank you

SWAdude:cool:

Getting to the gate depends on the airport. At DFW, security will probably not let you through unless you have a boarding/security document.

About a year ago I was in uniform trying to go through DFW. I went up the security gal (Not TSA). She asked me for my boarding pass. I told her I was a SW pilot and did not have one. She then dramatically puts her arms and legs out to block me from moving forward and tells me I need to go to the ticket counter.

I go over to the ticket counter and get in line. I am the line, no one was there. The CSA calls next and asked if I was listed. I said no. She says that she will do it for me but some of the others might not. I was the only one in the line!

The last time I used Delta. Their security let me through but it may of been a fluke. At SEA, my commuter airport, Delta is in our terminal.

Casual Business or Uniform attire.

How about out of OAK?

Do I need a tie?

No tie required. OAK should not be a problem because we operate out of OAK. You may have problems at airports that we do not operate out of.

Make sure to meal list at 1-888-933-5922.

Supposedly not required for jumpseaters, but some AA gate agents will give you a hard time if you don't.

SWAdude,

I used AA out of OAK to DFW once maybe twice out of say a half a dozen times until I finally gave up on them as a way of getting home. It's usually an MD-80 (S-80) to DFW and they only recognize one jumpseat. You should also list yourself.

Good luck,

RJ

Latest resources

Back