Jumpseat Info?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

anon

These may be a couple of stupid questions, but...

- Are all fracs part 91? If some are part 135, they might be eligible for our jumpseat.

- Are jumpseats available on fracs on non-rev flights? If so, who would you contact?

Thanks for your help.

I can only speak for NJA but... we operate our flights under part 91 and 135 depending on the type of owner we are flying and some other factors all having to do with $$$.

Unfortunately we have a double-standard when it comes to jump-seating, we'll gladly jumpseat on your aircraft but since 9-11 we no longer return the favor. It is an insult I know, but it's straight from the top. The only exception is employees and their immediate family members.

In fact after 9-11 they wouldn't even let our own dispatchers ride along for their currency which is still in effect today (you only have to have a 121 license to get hired here, but it doesn't have to stay current under the part 121 regs.)

Thanks ... I appreciate the information.

One of our pilots was mentioning that he thought we could travel on your non-rev/repositioning flights.

I've had people jumpseat on our planes before. Just make sure you ask your pm and add them to the manafest. Shouldn't be a problem just as long as they know they aren't garanteed to get to their destination.

I'm more than happy to offer a fellow pilot a ride.

I've never heard of the imediate family and employees line. I'm not saying it doesn't exist the pilots are the last to hear about anything here.

I feel the same way. If the guy is on a 135 or a 121 certificate, I think I can get him/her a seat in the back if there's one available.

Again, please excuse my ignorance ... but are all of the fracs also working a 135 certificate.

I don't want to leave anyone at a gate if I don't have to.

Most of the big Fractionals have a 135 Certificate. After 9/11, that was the only way they could operate for a few weeks. Somehow the government just figured that all part 91 operators were unsafe and a security risk.

What airline are you with Anon? I'm sure all Frac Pilots appreciate you making your jumpseat available. I know I would return the favor if I had the opportunity to. I was able to give a pilot a ride from SJC-LAX about 3 years ago.

I find it hard to believe that NJA would not allow one of it's dispatchers to catch an empty leg somewhere. Sounds like the Captain didn't try hard enough. By the way, the Dispatchers at NJA KICK AS*. By far the best people in the Puzzle Palace.

in the northeastern us?

just in case any frac guys didn't know, Commutair, the continental 1900 guys, always seem happy to have a 135 or fractional pilot as a cabin jumpseater, space available that is... unfortunately can't go very far but helpful if you are around cleveland, boston and westchester co. ny.

Who else besides Commutair has an open 135 jumpseater policy these days?

Latest resources

Back