• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jump on American OK but not on Eagle?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The good news is, the Captain made sure that all 3 jumpseaters got on, right?

No, we had to take a bus to get to the plane so we couldn't talk to the Captain. The Captain I asked for advice was inside on a break. I didn't want to push it so I just let it go.

We got bumped to in DFW last month, both Airtran pilots. We take unlimited=EVERYONE knows that.

It is in the computer system at AMR.

AA and Eagle guys?? What airlines only limit one JS? anyway now days?

Fix it or start getting left behind too !

9E pilots have been facing this issue for a while now too... it's very painful for anyone who does the DFW-MEM commute, it's often weight restricted RJs or AA..

We've recently changed our js policy to match AA's but this doesn't really help anyone either. We have guys who'll change their nonrev listing to a jumpseat listing if they see an AA guy in the waiting area, which is also sad. But what can you do, most of the AA guys are clueless or don't seem to care (until it affects them.)

Thanks. So for clarification, if you have only 3 limited show, only one gets on, even if there are 20 seats available?

In theory, that's how it's supposed to work. I have had flights with 7 jumpseaters onboard, 3 of whom were limited, so it generally comes down to a case by case basis in the hands of the gate agent.

Was this in San Juan.
I ran in to the same thing a year ago. Two Southwest pilots showed up after me (jumpseating) and my wife (had a pass). I was working with the gate agent and then the southwest pilots came up. Got the same answer, one jumpseater, I offered to use a pass. One southwest pilot went to Cape Air. The other got on, because of me.
No thanks, or even a beer later when we saw them on the island. Typical Southwest, treat regionals like scum. What pricks.

Latest resources

Back