Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Monster Buck

Go bigger or die trying!
A few of my friends and I jumped on American, no problem we all got on. The next flight on our trek was on Eagle and the agent said they only take one jump! I asked if it was the load or weight. She said no, they can only put one jump in the computer! I found an eagle CA and he said that their jump policy was the same as American and he thought we should be able to get on. Nope, the agent said only one jump. So is it the same at American as Eagle. Who was right, the agent or the Captain?

I would have to think the Captain, as I have jumped on Eagle a few times with friends/other jumpseaters. Typical agent it sounds like...

Yeah, Captain's Authority overrules, unless it is cut and dry company policy. Even then, there are ways around it. Sounds like the agent was a bit of a Nazi. Sorry you had trouble.

She acted nice and courteous but seemed that just just didn't think you could have more than one. Maybe I was unlimited and they were limited. I listed first at the gate, then my friend couldn't get on (who was limited) I wonder if I (unlimited) listed after my friend(limited) it would work and my friend wouldn't get bumped?

She acted nice and courteous but seemed that just just didn't think you could have more than one. Maybe I was unlimited and they were limited. I listed first at the gate, then my friend couldn't get on (who was limited) I wonder if I (unlimited) listed after my friend(limited) it would work and my friend wouldn't get bumped?

Know the policies, perform your duty in that policy to minimize their work load, show early when able, put on the happy face and show respect and courtesy to the gate agent. They have the power to deny for lots of reasons. Their job can be hell in crunch time. Try and not react to the occasional troll as their job can make any normal person into a meaniac when dealing with the public for long periods. Also, know that some hate pilots--and probably sometimes for good reasons. Put yourself on their level with courtesy and respect, and it pays off most of the time. I occasionally offer to buy them a coffee or soft drink. 95% of time they decline, but it is appreciated. All in all, they are the gate keeper and some let you know it.

Know the policies, perform your duty in that policy to minimize their work load, show early when able, put on the happy face and show respect and courtesy to the gate agent. They have the power to deny for lots of reasons. Their job can be hell in crunch time. Try and not react to the occasional troll as their job can make any normal person into a meaniac when dealing with the public for long periods. Also, know that some hate pilots--and probably sometimes for good reasons. Put yourself on their level with courtesy and respect, and it pays off most of the time. I occasionally offer to buy them a coffee or soft drink. 95% of time they decline, but it is appreciated. All in all, they are the gate keeper and some let you know it.

I know jumpseat/nonrev etiquette. I know we have reciprocal jumpseat policies for our three different airlines. What I don't know is how Eagle handles multiple off-line jumpers from different airlines. I know that they can take all of our airlines, but I don't understand the number restrictions and the order(preferences given, first come first serve...) for off-line.

Last edited:
First, as an Eagle CA I'd like to appologize for the trouble you had....sounds like a gate agent problem.

Eagle's jumpseat policy is the same as AA's......any carrier with a reciprocal agreement for unlimited jumpseaters can be unlimited on us....a D6UJ. If your carrier only offers 1 jumpseater per flight, then you are a D6LJ....meaning we only reciprocate with 1 jumpseater per flight.

Most gate agents just allow unlimited per flight, but some mis-apply the policy. I'm pretty sure if you try again on a different day you will be fine. Sorry you got shafted...hope you made it to your destination in a relatively timely fashion.

PS...it should have been everyone that was Unlimited got on, and the first limited jumpseater to check in also got on....leaving the other limited ones behind. If a bunch of offline people show up and all that is available is the actual jumpseat, it is just by check in time

Last edited:
Thanks. So for clarification, if you have only 3 limited show, only one gets on, even if there are 20 seats available?

First, as an Eagle CA I'd like to appologize for the trouble you had....sounds like a gate agent problem.

Eagle's jumpseat policy is the same as AA's......any carrier with a reciprocal agreement for unlimited jumpseaters can be unlimited on us....a D6UJ. If your carrier only offers 1 jumpseater per flight, then you are a D6LJ....meaning we only reciprocate with 1 jumpseater per flight.

Most gate agents just allow unlimited per flight, but some mis-apply the policy. I'm pretty sure if you try again on a different day you will be fine. Sorry you got shafted...hope you made it to your destination in a relatively timely fashion.

PS...it should have been everyone that was Unlimited got on, and the first limited jumpseater to check in also got on....leaving the other limited ones behind. If a bunch of offline people show up and all that is available is the actual jumpseat, it is just by check in time

Thank you very much. I appreciate the info. The crew was nice it was probably just something the gate agent didn't understand. Thanks again.

I got on as (unlimited) and the agent gave me a seat in the back. She cut it off after me. We will try again soon and hope for the best.

Latest resources

Back