• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jump in Air Fares?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess the price increase did not work everyone dropped their prices after one week. I notice that SWA now has open seats on Tues and Wed all the way through October at $159, down $40 from last week. I bet they say a big drop off in bookings and elected cheap filled seats were better than empty seat with no revenue. Read "Hard Landing" and how Crandall came up with yield management.

I guess the price increase did not work everyone dropped their prices after one week. I notice that SWA now has open seats on Tues and Wed all the way through October at $159, down $40 from last week. I bet they say a big drop off in bookings and elected cheap filled seats were better than empty seat with no revenue. Read "Hard Landing" and how Crandall came up with yield management.

Yeah, familiar with Hard Landings. I read it twice. Every airline pilot should read it. It's one of my favorite books of all time.

According to the SWA website, their "wanna get away" fares are $159 each way, but after adding all the fees it's still $355 round trip. Still not the $187 RT from post 1 that you're looking for, huh? Sign onto kayak.com and look at the calendar that pops up after you type in your departure and arrival cities. Looks like there are fares to be had if grandma's travel dates are flexible, but none less than $303.

stay tuned

Yeah, familiar with Hard Landings. I read it twice. Every airline pilot should read it. It's one of my favorite books of all time.

According to the SWA website, their "wanna get away" fares are $159 each way, but after adding all the fees it's still $355 round trip. Still not the $187 RT from post 1 that you're looking for, huh? Sign onto kayak.com and look at the calendar that pops up after you type in your departure and arrival cities. Looks like there are fares to be had if grandma's travel dates are flexible, but none less than $303.
It has only been a week, stayed tuned.

nope....they still be low. Friends and family are still bragging how theyre getting sub-$150 roundtrip NONSTOP flights from their mid-sized new england and midwest cities to florida on Airtran. I gotta tell them how much I dislike airtran and to at least lie to me and say it's on delta.

Well I see SWA has again dropped their advance tickets prices to $119 DTW to ABQ. Looks like the higher priced tickets were leaving too many empty seats. They are just about the cheapest fare that I can find for booking more than 30 days in advance.

Latest resources

Back