• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Judge's Order Affirms SkyWest Airlines Pilots' Right to Organize

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Captain Woerth was ALPA President, not MEC Chairman. There's no such thing as "ALPA National MEC Chairman."

2. No one in any position at ALPA makes anything close to $500k a year.

3. Get educated.

So educate us oh wise one, what did DW make as President of ALPO? What does the current president make??? According to my #s it is around 485k/ year

So educate us oh wise one, what did DW make as President of ALPO? What does the current president make??? According to my #s it is around 485k/ year

DW's basic salary was somewhere around $300k/yr, which is what his seniority and payscale at NWA would have payed him. Now let talk about where the rest of his 'compensation' came from.

Every trip that he, or Prater for that matter, makes, is now counted as compensation; these rules changed about a year after Bush took office. Think of it this way: you make, say, $50,000 per year gross income. SKW asks you to fill up the RJ on your credit card, and you say sure, no problem. They then reimburse you for the cost of that fillup. But now here comes the IRS, and they say (under current tax law interpretation) that that reimbursement is on top of your compensation, so the cost of that 10,000 of jetA is now added to your $50K income and TAXED, even though you never saw that money, it simply went to pay your credit card bill.

Add up enough airline tickets, dinners, and other items that are reimbursed to DW or whoever, and under current tax law you now magically have what appears to be a MUCH higher income. I know because every LEC meeting that I bought and expensed catering for I then had to declare as additional income. Bull********************, if you ask me, but there it is.

Whether you think DW or Prater is worth what their basic salary is is a totally different arguement, but let's just put this $500K crap to bed right now.

Peace.

Rekks

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back