• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jr. Bases for ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got out of digging ditchs and loading trucks to fly airplanes and I kind of enjoy it. All you little whiney a$$ B!tches should probably consider getting out of aviation and do something else with your life, and maybe make more room for idiots like me.

Zero-to-Hero. I guess $19.00/hr a shiny jet and uniform is all it takes.

Zero-to-Hero. I guess $19.00/hr a shiny jet and uniform is all it takes.

So I guess they pay you $19 a year every year for years and years. Last time I checked it nearly doubles your second year but I'm doing this blindly like you must have, and I don't know anything about the job except it is a shiney jet and a spiffy Fcking uniform. Once again there are alot of other professions that pay alot better and you have the right to get one of them. Maybe a used car salesman with a cheap suit and toupee would work for ya.

you are going to mostly have complaints on here - who else has the time to log on and write bitchy replys. it is what it is. ive been here over ten years - make more than most guys i know who came into aviation the same time i did and get more days off than anyone not in aviation.

it's a regional - but it is what you make it - i come to work and want to go home as soon as i can - and for the most part i do. my general feeling is - if it is that bad go do something else - the world is filled with jobs that make 40-75 grand a year - the 100K+ ones are hard to find with a grad degree, but no job gives you 75+ with half the month off.

i get frustrated - too many repeating cycles, but for the most part this is a pretty good gig.
Although I usually disagree with your post and ideas, I will agree with your sentiments here on one condition. Yes this job all be it at a regional is better than most 9 to 5 jobs out there. We get more days off (although we work on holidays) we get decent pay (although my 22yo fresh out of college neighbors daughter just started as an account making $57,000) and our benefits are great, if you can find the time to use them.
Now the condition that I would like you to consider. Why can't we be better than other airlines?
Why is it we at ASA have to always correct our employeer?
They can't get our pay checks correct, they can't get the 401K in on time, why do I need to do a manual pay sheet again?
Also why is it we have to cover their mistakes, such as poor planning whether its staffing on the ramp or in the cockpits.
Why is it that other regionals have a better working relation with the employee groups that ASA doesn't.
Yes, this job is better than many other type jobs, but it is definately worse than others in the same industry.
Before you just spout of that I should leave if I don't like it
1) I see promise at ASA if our managers could all be shot and replaced with people that actually "GET IT!"
2) I'm trying to get out....

Although I usually disagree with your post and ideas, I will agree with your sentiments here on one condition. Yes this job all be it at a regional is better than most 9 to 5 jobs out there. We get more days off (although we work on holidays) we get decent pay (although my 22yo fresh out of college neighbors daughter just started as an account making $57,000) and our benefits are great, if you can find the time to use them.
Now the condition that I would like you to consider. Why can't we be better than other airlines?
Why is it we at ASA have to always correct our employeer?
They can't get our pay checks correct, they can't get the 401K in on time, why do I need to do a manual pay sheet again?
Also why is it we have to cover their mistakes, such as poor planning whether its staffing on the ramp or in the cockpits.
Why is it that other regionals have a better working relation with the employee groups that ASA doesn't.
Yes, this job is better than many other type jobs, but it is definately worse than others in the same industry.
Before you just spout of that I should leave if I don't like it
1) I see promise at ASA if our managers could all be shot and replaced with people that actually "GET IT!"
2) I'm trying to get out....

Makes sense to me I'll trade you a corporate job for yours and thanks for the answer to my actual question about jr. bases to all that replied to the actual question. As for the rest I will just have to form my on opinion but thanks for yours.

Why does ASA suck, I was under the impression that they were one of the better regionals out there. As soon as I get the time ASA would probably be one of my top choices because of their LAX base. Hopefully LAX will continue to grow,

Honestly my friend, if LAX is important to you, I would look at Eagle. Yes they have a really long upgrade right now, but so does ASA. Junior CA at LAX is 6.5 years. LAX is the most senior upgrade for ASA and for the last few months is has actually been shrinking. People are leaving to go to ATL and not being replaced in LAX. I don't know what is going on out there, but I'd be very skeptic about going.

Eagle has a much larger operation at LAX and with AA recovering, the movement will be forecoming. Also, look at Expressjet with their upcoming ONT base. Both of these operations have managements that regard their employees higher than ASA's. ASA has some great people to work with, but most, if not all of us, are pretty miserable with our relationship with management. Most ASA pilots spend more time and energy trying to come up with ideas to screw up the operation than to fix it and make it better. That should ring volumes to you. Good Luck in your career.

Honestly my friend, if LAX is important to you, I would look at Eagle. Yes they have a really long upgrade right now, but so does ASA. Junior CA at LAX is 6.5 years. LAX is the most senior upgrade for ASA and for the last few months is has actually been shrinking. People are leaving to go to ATL and not being replaced in LAX. I don't know what is going on out there, but I'd be very skeptic about going.

Eagle has a much larger operation at LAX and with AA recovering, the movement will be forecoming. Also, look at Expressjet with their upcoming ONT base. Both of these operations have managements that regard their employees higher than ASA's. ASA has some great people to work with, but most, if not all of us, are pretty miserable with our relationship with management. Most ASA pilots spend more time and energy trying to come up with ideas to screw up the operation than to fix it and make it better. That should ring volumes to you. Good Luck in your career.

Actually I want ATL, I'm born and raised here and really don't care about living anywhere else. Which is why I have considered ASA over some of the better looking Regionals. I definitly appreciate the honest inputs from everybody, positive and negative. I have made up my mine to make the switch from part 91 corporate to 121 regardless, and will form my own opinion, and if it stinks the way everyone on here describes then I will take my own advise and find something else. Once again though thanks for the input.

Actually I want ATL, I'm born and raised here and really don't care about living anywhere else. Which is why I have considered ASA over some of the better looking Regionals.
Great Scott. ATL is a train wreck of a city with some of the nastiest people on Earth. (They all work at the airport). Couple that with the disgustingly gross crew lounge and facilities, lousy management, can't get to your airplane without nearly being smashed to death by a tug driven by an ex-con, and you'll be in for a real treat here. Guess living at home is key since you'll be making a poverty-level wage with upgrade running a while.

Save yourself and go to AMR or XJET. Two companies worth commuting or moving for. Good luck.

Actually I want ATL, I'm born and raised here and really don't care about living anywhere else. Which is why I have considered ASA over some of the better looking Regionals.
Great Scott. ATL is a train wreck of a city with some of the nastiest people on Earth. (They all work at the airport). Couple that with the disgustingly gross crew lounge and facilities, lousy management, can't get to your airplane without nearly being smashed to death by a tug driven by an ex-con, and you'll be in for a real treat here. Guess living at home is key since you'll be making a poverty-level wage with upgrade running a while.

Save yourself and go to AMR or XJET. Two companies worth commuting or moving for. Good luck.

Thanks for the advise. I'm looking forward to the poverty level wages and the chance to work for such a great airline. I've visited Houston and really can't imagine a nicer place to live, well I guess Newark and Cleveland would be a close second and third. I'm sure the people in those great citys are just as friendly and hospitible as the good people here in the dirty south. Anyway thanks for the two cents.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back