• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JP Morgan says Major Bankruptcies just a matter of "when" not "if"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
JP's shorting the airlines. I don't trust ANY financial institution to behave in an ethical manner these days.

BTW, a "boarder" is someone who engages in snow- or skateboarding. ;) TC

Wow, who pissed in your cheerios this morning. I am sure you are a pleasure to fly with. Do you ever get suspicious that people bid around you? They probably do. I never applied at AirTran not because I don't like the company but rather I have no desire to live in Atlanta. You guys have great pilots (sans you), and sure a low casm... I was just making the statement because I what I had read previously, I guess I forgot about the bonds/stock you guys put out there. Hope you all make it, I was not making a statement of ill will toward your company.

BTW, you like to correct spelling a lot. I am guessing you are a guard nazi too.... huh? Christ, and I thought the skywest fan boys were bad, you bring it to a new level.

Why do you think they have a low CASM??:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jetblue below Airtran?

A race analogy

Jetblue below Airtran?

For you race fans out there... the second place airline thru tenth place on that list is in a pack bumper to bumper, at least 100 laps down from the leader..SWA

What I'm saying is: don't read to much into who is ranked where on that list. If you don't work for SWA you should be worried and planning accordingly.

Looking at UAL and USAir, I think there are too many hubs out West, and IAD is very close to PHL. I just can't see what Parker sees....

Why does anyone think that hub proximity is relevant? Consolidating operations can only go so far. Many airports are unwilling to build the level of facilities necessary to accomodate one very large airline (ask PIT). And operating only A380's domestically is pretty unrealistic. So you will need to carry a large number of people to keep the revenue stream going (both UA and US are reporting fairly high load factors). That will necessitate multiple hubs to move the traffic. Why would UA close PHX and begin to oversaturate DEN with it's mixed bag of weather? Why not operate PHL and IAD instead of cramming everything into a rickety PHL operation?

The beef must keep moving!

PHX is far less expensive to operate out of. Yes it's mostly leisure, but landing fees, weather, etc... Plus it's a growing O and D market.

Actually... Alaska is doing pretty friggen good. They have a huge amount of money in the bank and they aren't in dept like JB and AAI. All the other airlines, its a toss-up.... Who the heck knows... But the guys at SWA and ALA are going to be ok..... For now...

Well, I hate to say it, but NWA and DAL both had plenty of cash before they went bankrupt together for 19 months. Alaska is doing great, however, Virgin America and Jetblue are starting competing routes. Even SWA took a $600 million loan out. Let's just face it, the airline industry isn't sick, it doesn't have pneumonia, its in a coma...

Some "news" numbnut needed to get an article out so they made up some stupid list probably with little to no facts to back it up. NWA has some of the best financials in the industry, there is no question about it. That alone should be enough to discredit this "source".

Maybe they know something you do not. Don't you think they would "look into it" for their research? I would be interested to find out how they compiled that list.

Latest resources

Back