John (Wal-Mart) Walton Killed in Ultralight Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
flyifrvfr said:
Wait, you are going to call me names than run. Now that is a man that certainly deserves my respect.. Run, Run as fast and as far as you can. Run forsest run..

Yes I am, and I don't want your respect !!! PS-Names not Forrest, or as you spell it, forsest (way to go). Adios pendejo!!!

Publishers said:
Sometimes it is better to keep ones mouth shut and have people wonder if you are a fool than to open it and prove you are one beyond any doubt.
that's deep...

Are you actually comparing the risk level of mowing your lawn with flying an ultralight experimental home built?

I think what theyre saying is that he could have afforded a real airplane if he wanted to fly. Why risk that much if you don't have to?

9GClub said:
Maybe he just enjoyed it. There was a discussion in the Mil thread the other day ("Astronaut Candidates") about guys and gals who are super-smart and fly fast movers in the military instead of.... how did they put it..... "drafting government policy"?? Why do people automatically assume that certain vocational (or avocational) preferences are beneath-- or off-limits to-- certain individuals because of their status/mental prowess/financial portfolio?

The guy could have died when his John Deere rolled on top of him..... bet that woulda thrown a few people for a loop.

If I was worth $18 bil I'd fly a Waco-- not a -900EX-- and I'd cut my own grass.

Lol

I don't know many (any) corporate pilots with 600 hours.

And I don't know many part time corporate pilots. Do you work for a temp agency?

Either way I think its funny that you called your ill advised, in poor taste joke to be an act of courage on your part. Judgment really aint your thing is it?

You do one thing well though. You're good at digging yourself deeper into the hole your idiocy gets you into.

flyifrvfr said:
Whatever fag.

I'm amazed that no one thought of this yet...maybe he was in an ultralight because...it's fun???? Does anyone here think that he traveled business in his ultralight as opposed to the 900EX? No, it's fun, fun, fun! Wind in your face, seat-of-your-pants, kinda fun. Ever try an ultralight before? Try it, you might like it!

Matter of fact, it makes me respect the guy even more, knowing that despite being so far up in the food chain, he knew how to enjoy life with the simple stuff.

nitrogen said:
I don't know many (any) corporate pilots with 600 hours.

And I don't know many part time corporate pilots. Do you work for a temp agency?

Either way I think its funny that you called your ill advised, in poor taste joke to be an act of courage on your part. Judgment really aint your thing is it?

You do one thing well though. You're good at digging yourself deeper into the hole your idiocy gets you into.

Thank you!!!!!

crash-proof said:
I'm amazed that no one thought of this yet...maybe he was in an ultralight because...it's fun???? Does anyone here think that he traveled business in his ultralight as opposed to the 900EX? No, it's fun, fun, fun! Wind in your face, seat-of-your-pants, kinda fun. Ever try an ultralight before? Try it, you might like it!

Matter of fact, it makes me respect the guy even more, knowing that despite being so far up in the food chain, he knew how to enjoy life with the simple stuff.

I agree. The funnest flying I ever did was gliders. Learned a hell of alot they didn't teach me in a classroom.

nitrogen said:
Are you actually comparing the risk level of mowing your lawn with flying an ultralight experimental home built?

I think what theyre saying is that he could have afforded a real airplane if he wanted to fly. Why risk that much if you don't have to?

Sure he could have afforded it, that's not the point. As crash-proof noted, flying ultralights is fun. I too admire the guy for being a purist, maybe that was his cup of tea.

I'm not making any risk comparisons between flying an ultralight and driving a Deere, I'm just saying that there are lots of creative ways to get yourself killed, so you might as well go doing something that you love. I could fall off my chair and break my neck on the edge of this desk when I get up. I'd rather strap a JATO bottle on my Taurus......

You asked why risk that much if you don't have to?

Let's not judge the guy for taking risks, that's his prerogative. Why do people ride motorcycles? Why is there another dude on this forum inquiring about simultaneously buzzing mosquitoes and dodging TV antennas in a BE90 at 200' AGL with NVGs? Because we have balls*, we might as well use them.

*or the female equivalent

flyifrvfr said:
Run forsest run..

Wow. Stay up past beddie-by time thinking of that zinger?

How 'bout I just stop by, kick the ever lovin' sh!t out of you, teach you some manners and respect, then leave you bleeding and broken so your mommy can kiss it and make it better.

Punk.

Latest resources

Back