Joe Gets a FREE 12 Pack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jester757

I have it via good source that DAL CEO Jerry G has sent AT CEO Joe L at 12 pack of Bud-Light along with the beer is a friendly note referencing the lack of a sense of humor. This in reference the "Discount Pilot Guy."

Even the CEOs are getting shots in where they can.

I think the note and beer went along with a denial in ATs request to DAL to adjust their banks of flights to "help" AT recover from IROPS. Joe wants help from DAL?? Isn't Joe the one who BLASTS DAL every chance he can in any public forum that will listen to him? Needless to say, the answer was NO.

I wonder if he kept the beer?? I would have. Free beer is free beer.

Jester757:
Okay....Okay.... we get your point. You obviously have a serious hard-on for AirTran. We get it..... move on already.

You suddenly come out of the basement and recently start posting on Flightinfo...... and in the last 2 weeks have made many posts and almost all of them make a derogatory references about AirTran.

You "pretend" not to work at AirTran or have some sort of affiliation with AirTran........ so that being true (yeah right) try to get over whatever problem you have with AirTran rather than just being an anonymous nudge.

Oh wait.... I forgot.... thats what anonymous cowards do here at Flightinfo..... nevermind.

BTW - I thought the Budweiser Commercial was funny as he!!. I never took it as offensive to me personally.... nor should anyone else. It was a JOKE.

Last edited:
FL717 said:
BTW - I thought the Budweiser Commercial was funny as he!!. I never took it as offensive to me personally.... nor should anyone else. It was a JOKE.

The reason most jokes are funny is because there is at least a hint of an underlying widely held belief embedded within the joke. I have neighbors and friends (with absolutely no ties to aviation) occasionally ask me if I think it is safe to fly on xyz startup/LCC airline (i.e., other than a legacy brand they grew up with). Many lay people equate brand recognition and longevity with quality and safety.

So .... while you may rightly not take offense to this joke (I too split a gut when I heard it!) ... to many uninformed, average, middle America airline passengers this joke is funny because it reinforces their suspicions/fears regarding the competency of "discount airline pilots" and the safety of the start-up/LCC airline in general. I have spoken with a number of people that refuse to fly on other than a legacy carrier due to a perceived greater risk of danger ... in spite of my attempts to assure them otherwise.

BBB

If Grinstein really did that, he is a stupid man . . . This is an industry of big egos . . . . Joe's response could easily be naming SLC as our 50th city . . . . or CVG.

Stranger things have happened- look at how we announced DTW as an "F.U." to NWA.

Have a beer, and a smile!

Last edited:
FL717..My fellow Citrus brother! I too thought the A/Busch commericial was funny. It really didnt bother me. But being from a Radio and Television background. I can see where A/B didnt think it would offend. Once when I worked at a station in Macon Ga. We ran a commercial for the last concert for Jimi Hendrix. A one time only event! You wouldnt believe the many people calling for tickets!! Oh well....Good to see your still around!

Jester757, I mean snake, I mean Tbags, I mean...........

What ever...now go cut the grass or your Mon won't give you your allowence. (not that also is a joke)

Why Somebody Please Just Tell Me Why That Jester Dude Just Needs To Go Away And Let Everyone Just Live Man He Sucks

Ty Webb said:
If Grinstein really did that, he is a stupid man . . . This is an industry of big egos . . . . Joe's response could easily be naming SLC as our 50th city . . . . or CVG.

Stranger things have happened- look at how we announced DTW as an "F.U." to NWA.

Have a beer, and a smile!

You need to check the mirror for the EGO. Announce all you want, your time will come. Bank on it.

koko nw said:
You need to check the mirror for the EGO. Announce all you want, your time will come. Bank on it.

My plan is place, Chief. I enjoy my job, and I am happy to do it, but the day it sin't worth doing anymore will be my last day on the job.

Latest resources

Back