• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jobs in WI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, better than at a regional that I had to commute to, I know that much. 6 hard days off, the rest you are on the pager with a 1.5 hr call out. I'll be at home on the pager, instead of a crash pad . . . which means QOL can only be better. I'll get to work on my cars, finish my basement, and MAYBE, just MAYBE get to eat Thanksgiving dinner at home this year.

Oshkosh Truck

Oshkosh Truck?

Been their done that,...........dont sell your soul to the devil...........the revolving corporate job..........good luck.....say hi to the JJMS.

They are expanding, adding planes, be very careful of this place!!!!!

Oshkosh Truck?

Been their done that,...........dont sell your soul to the devil...........the revolving corporate job..........good luck.....say hi to the JJMS.

They are expanding, adding planes, be very careful of this place!!!!!

Got any specifics?

Job in WI

Here's an ad I saw a while ago on Avcrew if it helps anyone.

Hawker First Officer (WI) 10/16
Midwest Part 135 charter/aircraft management company is accepting resumes for a
Hawker First Officer. The successful candidate will be required to live within one hour
of Janesville, Wisconsin (JVL). Janesville is located approximately 90 miles northwest
of Chicago. Previous Part 135/jet or turboprop experience is preferred. Must be detail
oriented and provide exceptional customer care.

Minimum qualifications:

• ATP
  • 1st Class Medical
  • 2500 Total
  • 1000 PIC
  • 500 Multi
  • 100 Turbine
  • 150 Instrument
Salary, health plan, life insurance, disability, vision, dental, vacation, 401K, pension, bonus/gain sharing program, and relocation benefit (to those who qualify). Please, no phone calls! To apply, please email a resume along with a cover letter indicating qualifications and a brief pilot history directly to employer. All correspondences will be kept confidential. When applying, reference AvCrew.com.

Last edited:
I didn't, but I went to high school with Mark's little brother Paul. I have also flown with a couple guys at AWAC that used to work there.

I'm from the area, and that sounds like Wisconsin Aviation in the above post. They have three locations, Madison being the largest. They're also at watertown (RYV) and dodge county (UNU). I think they pull most of their charter pilots out of the CFI pool from their flight schools at the previously mentionioned FBO's. ~Beast

Good God, stay away from this place!
I have some inside knowledge of this one. The pilots are treated like crap, you will work 300 days per year. You will fly some real junk and if you are lucky you might touch a turboprop after 5 years (but even that will be a POS). The problem is you will still be flying all of the other junk in the fleet, you never "drop" a fleet. Old Conquest II one day, dead Aztec the next 3 days.
They use a bunch of part timers here and many of them will only fly the "good" trips, so be prepared to fly an Aztec to Bumf*ck, Iowa on a day when someone you never see at work is flying a 414 or jet trip to somewhere nice.
Lots of politics at this place. Many two-faced people in the chain of command. You have been warned.
And, NO, they DO NOT hire their charter pilots from the flight instructor ranks. Only one or two in the last 10 years. The insurance requirements are too high.

Latest resources

Back