Jobs in Mexico/Costa Rica??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

roninpilot

I'm leaving the military in September of this year and very much want to move to Costa Rica or Mexico. Does anyone know of any pilot jobs in these locations? I'm rated in both Helo and airplane and am wondering what hurdles must be overcome to fly down south as far as work visas, language requirements, certificates etc..

Thanks

There is a lot of contract work in support of the DEA. Are you interested in law enforcement - surveillance?

Actually, I am. I've interviewed with US Customs, now just waiting on the slow wheels of the government to turn. Heck, I'd take contract work in Central America if I thought I'd get to surf a time or two a week.....

This won't be much help because I don't know the name of the company but last year I went white water rafting in Costa Rica. I flew into San Jose and there was a company there that did mountain tours in a cessna caravan. They had about 10 planes on the ramp.
My river guide was telling me how cheap it is to live there. He said you could get about 5 mountain acres with a nice size house for about $20,000.

A Caravan operator in Belize was supposed to be hurting for pilots.

I think it' next to impossible to get a job in Mexico - based on my experience (like if you want to start a business there, you need a Mexican partner, etc, etc, etc....)

Guys are spraying 'crops' in Columbia for $80,000/year on gov't contracts - but I heard you wear night vision goggles and fly at night.

I went to the Caribbean and hung out and got hired - but that's luck. In Latin America, it's not what you know but who.

"The smaller the plane, the more fun".

Wanted to bring this to the top. If any one knows of a job in Costa Rica or any other country for that mattter please reply.
Thanks.

The closer to waves, the better.

Latest resources

Back